Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

At least you’re prob getting good upslope behind the 12/5 system. More favorable look than the trash this current system will give. 

Yes, help Phin out!  He needs assistance shaking whatever Mid-Atlantic mindset he’s got as he tries to transform into a NNEer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Some snow and temps below 40 degrees for more than a day or two would do it. 

Seriously, you need to chill a bit.  You’re all upset over a dumb ass rainstorm?  It’s the end of November yesterday, and the very beginning of December today...lots of times it rains in New England at this time of the year...even in Central/Northern New Hampshire.  Winter time weather is not yet locked in anywhere in the northeast.  You’re likely gonna rain again before you snow. 

Last year and the year before it rained in Fort Kent Maine a couple days before Xmas...washing out 3 feet of pack, which is literally 250-300 miles north of you....it happens Phin.  So just be a little patient..you’ll get what you moved there for, don’t you worry. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Seriously, you need to chill a bit.  You’re all upset over a dumb ass rainstorm?  It’s the end of November yesterday, and the very beginning of December today...lots of times it rains in New England at this time of the year...even in Central/Northern New Hampshire.  Winter time weather is not yet locked in anywhere in the northeast.  You’re likely gonna rain again before you snow. 

Last year and the year before it rained in Fort Kent Maine a couple days before Xmas...washing out 3 feet of pack, which is literally 250-300 miles north of you....it happens Phin.  So just be a little patient..you’ll get what you moved there for, don’t you worry. 

I couldnt agree with you more. This applies to a few others to. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I don’t expect wire-to-wire snow. Of course it will rain sometimes. However, some temps below the upper 30s for a week would be nice. Also, a break from wet inland runners. Cold and dry is fine for a bit. Hopefully the Euro is wrong. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

I don’t expect wire-to-wire snow. Of course it will rain sometimes. However, some temps below the upper 30s for a week would be nice. Also, a break from wet inland runners. Cold and dry is fine for a bit. Hopefully the Euro is wrong. 

Well it’s technically still autumn for another 3 weeks, so sometimes/some years it takes a little time. I get your frustration..especially with your expectations so hi to begin with coming from the mid Atlantic.  But It’s gonna change/and snow is gonna happen. 

Ya Euro probably way over amped...it’s not what it used to be that’s for sure.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I would be wary still of the euro being overamped at this range as it seems to be consistently the last 5 years.  It was insanely overamped with tomorrow's evolution of this very system over OK/TX 3 days ago and has since gone the other way.  

I think the Euro has the idea, but is likely a bit too amped.