Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

word!  I just got the 'little critter' in Feb on the wrong year but the other stuff was right -

For some reason I always wanna put that damn thing in 04' ...not sure why -  ..heh, it's not the first time he's had to correct me on that sucker.   Oh I imagine 20 years from now it'll be 'No, that was Feb 03, the previous year'

That was great. 3-5” south of the pike turned into 12-16”. I remember Todd Gross that morning was a little bullish. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Weeklies were decent. They tried to get a little more Niña like and maybe borderline at week 4, but who knows that far out. They may change on Thursday’s update as Will said. 

We keep kicking the can in the Niña pattern. Let’s hope it stays in week 4-5 fantasyland 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henry's Weather said:

At risk of being a weenie, that weeklies setup looks like it has KU potential. Seems pretty perfect.

The Dec 10-20 period definitely has some potential. Keep that PNA ridging more stout like on the 12z ensemble runs today and it will give a better shot at a legit coastal vs overrunning/SWFEs/clipper redevelopers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

The end of January storm was garbage northeast of about a BDL-PVD line. Storm ran into a brick wall. I think we had about 3-4” of arctic sand from it. Ditto PVD and BOS did even worse. 

It was a good storm though for the south coast and the southwest half of CT where they cleaned up. 

Back in the day when they used to wait until the morning of to cancel school. Went to bed that night expecting to wake up to pounding snow and a day off from school. Only to find the air and ground devoid of snow.