Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

SUCKED  UP HERE SPANKS...nothing could get up in here...we watched you guys get 30” after 30” ....hope we never have to see that BS again. Absolutely INFURIATING. 

Fair enough, we do not want to see that again...there seems to be something with high latitude blocking and solar mins.

48 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

What did Feb of ‘10 look like? Similar? Or more so?  Cuz we might as well have been on the moon up here...nothing was getting up in here with that Uber block back then.  

Blocking can be fun here...bring some, but not massive blocking. 

I got 2 inches here in Brooklyn NY while Manhattan got 0 and Staten Island got 7 inches.

Crazy cutoff

I believe Philly and DC got over 20 inches from the early Feb storm

I ended up with 40 inches that month here 

Man, fever has been back today and have felt like hell all day. Had to step away for a while so I didn't wreck the thread. Not gonna be able to taste xmas dinner this year..doesn't even feel like xmas being isolated. Wife, daughter and I all have it.

Gotta try to hit the treadmill tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, fever has been back today and have felt like hell all day. Had to step away for a while so I didn't wreck the thread. Not gonna be able to taste xmas dinner this year..doesn't even feel like xmas being isolated. Wife, daughter and I all have it.

Man that sucks. Hope it remains a mild case for you and your family. Get well soon. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Fair enough, we do not want to see that again...there seems to be something with high latitude blocking and solar mins.

Meh. I’d rather have it than not. Miller A’s with blocks are great for us. Sure, it might put us on the northern edge with possible supression but lets ask Dendy and friends how that worked out for them last week. Plus, you can roll the Feb 10 pattern again and not get the same backyard result with a slight timing difference. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Meh. I’d rather have it than not. Miller A’s with blocks are great for us. Sure, it might put us on the northern edge with possible supression but lets ask Dendy and friends how that worked out for them last week. Plus, you can roll the Feb 10 pattern again and not get the same backyard result with a slight timing difference. 

Ya we roll...I agree.  I’m Just Leary due to ‘10 still in my mind. But your point is well taken. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ya we roll...I agree.  I’m Just Leary due to ‘10 still in my mind. But your point is well taken. 

As am I. There’s rarely an ideal pattern though, there’s always risk...but I’ve had enough of this super fast flow regime. Let’s slow our roll and get something to rotate under us and pray it gets far enough north. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

As am I. There’s rarely an ideal pattern though, there’s always risk...but I’ve had enough of this super fast flow regime. Let’s slow our roll and get something to rotate under us and pray it gets far enough north. 

100% on board with that...we’ll take our chances. If we go down in flames so be it.  Bring It. 

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Very good point...5 inches at my stake this evening....we have enjoyed every minute of the past week, sledding, snowball fights, made a giant snow boulder that might last until May.. Would have been nice to keep the pack until after Christmas, but let's roll with new snow in January.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Be careful about exercise if still acutely symptomatic.  It can be really counterproductive if not downright dangerous according to some evidence.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2768916

46 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Good luck man, My oldest and wife had it, 10 days, First 4 were flu like, Then the loss of taste and smell the next 6, 10 day ordeal mainly.

15 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Very good point...5 inches at my stake this evening....we have enjoyed every minute of the past week, sledding, snowball fights, made a giant snow boulder that might last until May.. Would have been nice to keep the pack until after Christmas, but let's roll with new snow in January.

Nice. The boulder may be a pebble by Christmas brunch.

I was going to do a fun Santa trick on my son first thing in the morning where I dress up and as he comes downstairs...I walk out the back deck turn around and wave from afar as if I just dropped off his presents (with his cookies that he left for ‘me’ in my hands). But that would place me outside in the pouring rain with mud up to the ankles. Not that visual of memory I’d like him to have. A little snow left on the ground would be better. I’m still going to do it...but with a poncho on instead. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Damn Ray take it easy.  So sorry man.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Fever is acutely symptomatic.  I know it sucks but shut it all down for a week bro. Write a Tippy  James Sonoran Hadley cell interaction with  sub 900 Arctic low novel or binge watch Ozark ( you will thank me later). Be smart my man

The dude should be all over Ozark...put the tight running shorts down and keep the pajamas on. 

• Like 1