Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Even Pat Mahomes wouldn’t be able to look competent behind that receiving corps and run game. Apparently since 2010 drafted receivers have 1 100+ yard game. That’s insane. 

Consistently throwing into the ground from 10yds out...doesn’t matter if it’s Randy Moss or Pete Moss. Dude can’t throw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It starts creeping in right after the height of the storm and then slowly gets more and more pronounced towards the end, then when its over it hits like a truck....until i can find something on the interwebs to satiate my appetite.

For example the most accurate, most scientifically sound, tried and true snow maps...especially the wxbell and weathermodel ones. Those are clearly superior to all other sites, because they show the most snow.

Ha ... when I was but a child ... up until 10 minutes ago ...  I used feel that 'crash' sensibility in post-storm-mortem.  Lol - 

The problem is, big powerful systems are - quite literally ... - physically exhaustive to the atmosphere. It takes time to gather mass ... and the big ones, those big juggernaut storm events of lore ... they have a lot of mass requirement ...  It's like Godzilla spinning up all that energy and than spraying that plasma at Mothra ..and then the monster visibly collapse in a weak heap to regain its strength - those artists of cinema are mimicking nature.  

More time also exposes any systemic evolution to ' chances for bad interference '...  so in that sense there is also statistica philosophy/rareness in how to look at it..

It almost takes rare luck, too?  You have to get lucky that interference allows the time to gather, first.. .then, after the storm happens and the energy is used up, etc..etc..   So there is rarity of all necessary parameters coming together in the right proportion in space and time without other shit gumming up the works. - just asking a lot of chaos to not interfere negatively...  Such that the jets are perfect, the moisture content is ideal ... moon and jupiter are rising in the Seventh House ... haha... but you get it - ... Then, if the reality is getting lucky, the "atmospheric super volcano's" and the magma chamber empties.  You gotta wait a few millennia for another Yellowstone eruption to recharge - the atmosphere has a fuel-expenditure budgeting requirements. It really does... 

There's also a kind of ( for lack of better word) transcendent aspect to this love.  The models have a kind of prescience about them for these big dawgs - or perhaps more so people do. I've sensed things before the models show them.  We noticed this and had group discussions in FAST when I was an undergrad, how big historical events tend to have unusually long lead vision or appeal ... almost like, while the ongoing daily modeling grind of events pop in and out of the uncertainty river over time ... some events seem to be impervious to the erosion - stones in an otherwise uncertainty stream.   

The 1993 March event had a 10 day residence in the guidance/MRF ensembles ... which is pretty damn spectacular considering the state of the art of modeling 30 years ago..  "Sandy" also had this long lead kind of persistence ...sometimes faded some.. but I recall "having a feeling" two weeks... no lie .. two f'n weeks out, that something like that may transpire - ...there's something about these things that is definitely "synergistic" - it's like the gestalt of the times drove Sandy to realization .. then, the models started honing it after the fact.  I think 1993 was like that... So was 1992 - for me anyway... - ...and I know that 1978 was ... I'm sure there are others where there seemed to be a signal that emanated out of the ether before the numerology counted - ... interesting

I later began to dread the lulls afterwords and learned that big events lose their fun if suffering an extended tax turned to angst for having had the stormgasm of satisfaction - weather is horrible wife!    

This got long...sorry... I just wanted to say that as a winter enthusiast... I am a much bigger fan of nickel and dime patterns... steady diets that are non- exhaustive of large scale dynamics 

• Like 1