• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just also ... those perceived limitations are based not on the future - but on observance of recent trend and verification and model behavior ...sort of blended - 

Again again again ...that does not mean we can't change for the better. We have to be really careful here.. When we're dealing with 'edgy' flows that ride the fence of either positive or negative interference ... it take less to tip outcomes one way or the other.   Nuances become proxy in such delicate matters ...

Example, ever so slight post flow ridge response in the west gives a small amount of positive interference back to the wave ejection... The Miami Rule lurks there...but probably what happens is that you get more wave potency along a narrower latitude. - needle threader...  Which by the way, this is already gone from a big up the EC Miller-B to needle thread as it is... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I don’t really get that feeling right after storms. Maybe a few days after. 

It starts creeping in right after the height of the storm and then slowly gets more and more pronounced towards the end, then when its over it hits like a truck....until i can find something on the interwebs to satiate my appetite.

For example the most accurate, most scientifically sound, tried and true snow maps...especially the wxbell and weathermodel ones. Those are clearly superior to all other sites, because they show the most snow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

May change distribution imo...more big tickets, less mood events.

Yes - agree with that. Makes a ton of sense. 

Our average Temps will rise. But a 1040 hp nosing in from our north will always drag cold air down in front of an approaching noreastern. Temp increases won't change our patterns. But they may intensify the boundaries. I'm no scientific genius but that's the way I look at it anyway. 

Can't ignore the effect increased Temps would have on ocean sst though. Coastal locations may suffer a bit more and see a decreased seasonal window for snow imo.. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Yes - agree with that. Makes a ton of sense. 

Our average Temps will rise. But a 1040 hp nosing in from our north will always drag cold air down in front of an approaching noreastern. Temp increases won't change our patterns. But they may intensify the boundaries. I'm no scientific genius but that's the way I look at it anyway. 

Can't ignore the effect increased Temps would have on ocean sst though. Coastal locations may suffer a bit more and see a decreased seasonal window for snow imo.. 

Stronger coastal fronts B)

21 minutes ago, rclab said:

Your observation is true and in many years generous. However that 25” line will sadly be pushing well north, along the coast, in the decades to come. As always ...

I expect it to decrease locally aside from any AGW component, due to the shear absurdity of the last 20 years. We are due for a little regression.

• Like 1