• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mindlesssheep
    Newest Member
    Mindlesssheep

Tropical Storm Eta

Not likely to find a lower pressure, but winds could still be impressive with additional sampling of the eyewall.

LOL though :lol: 

46 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It'd be hilarious if they got in there and they found something like 935mb/135kts :lol: 

In hindsight, recon is not finding an outer wind maxima. This could still be bombing and not yet at peak. We might've just been too premature with the "Raw T" talk and need to let the pressure continue to drop as a result of the impressive convection and eyewall structure. This will likely still reach Cat 5 overnight.

Just now, Windspeed said:

In hindsight, recon is not finding an outer wind maxima. This could still be bombing and not yet at peak. We might've just been too premature with the "Raw T" talk and need to let the pressure continue to drop as a result of the impressive convection and eyewall structure. This will likely still reach Cat 5 overnight.

Yes there is. 

recon_AF304-0429A-ETA_timeseries.png

Well then. Interesting. I would like to see all 4 sides of the eyewall sampled before I make a wind comment. I also want to see what the pressure tendency is. VDM will be helpful. This is, in fact, why you fly the recon. I wouldn't count out a minimal 5. They only need 140kts surface to get that. It's close. It's just not a high end 5. The fact they didn't find wilma 2.0 isn't the most surprising thing, given that that's the record holder. It will still likely be a 5. Just isn't apparently Goni. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

It is already at 934mb

i just wasn't convinced on the pressure given the location and how it was located, as the Atlantic most of the time just isn't as strong as the pacific. I have to admit I needed the actual ob before I could be totally convinced and not felt teased.

that being said, those winds and the rain will still be ugly as they go thru the Nicaragua mountains.

Just now, DDweatherman said:

Arguably one of the best looking storms on record in the Satellite era with some of the most robust estimates... and that happens. Well I’ll be dammed. 

dorian looked 10 times more intense  on satellite..

• Like 1

I'm always amused how this disastrous 150-160 mph November monster hurricane is nearing Central America and some people are wondering why it's ONLY a monster borderline Cat 4/5.

Just now, JasonOH said:

Just a friendly reminder that storms need time to deepen.  No matter how good it looks you can't drop 100mb in a day.

Was my train of thought as well. If current presentation holds for 3-6 more hours at a 2-5mb rate of drop, it very well could translate to a sub 910 level storm. 

• Like 1

This actually confirms my suspicion   that Haiyan was much higher than  895mb.  Josh measured 960mb a few miles from the  edge of the eye, no way there was a 65mb pressure drop between him and the eye.  

• Like 2