Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2020-21 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Hoosier

1 hour ago, Powerball said:

I'm almost tempted to make a thread, as February 12th - 13th seems to have good potential for a significant winter storm across the region. The GFS has been showing it for the past couple of runs, and there's good ensemble support. 

The setup has some similarities to the PV Blizzard back on 1/6/14.

That said, I would like to see some more agreement from the EURO and GGEM first.

That period already has a thread, but it's it's dated a day early.

• Like 1

I extended the other thread to the 12th.  I like having separate threads for stuff, so I don't want to discourage that practice, but there comes a point where it can get confusing when there are overlapping dates.  This subforum spans a lot of territory from west to east and sometimes we'll have a system still going in the eastern part of the sub on the same day that the next one is coming into the western portion, as we're seeing in this pattern.  Don't want to get into a habit of having storm threads with overlapping dates. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Before you know it were going to be worse than the Eastern subs when it comes to making storm threads lol. I do like the potential tho

I know there was the 10th-11th thread, but besides being a day early, it underplay the potential with the title "potent front/system."

4 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

This Thursday the 11th :) perfect timing if Friday were to turn out to be half decent

Happy early birthday! I wish I had a Winter birthday lol. Mine is May 8. Spring, my least favorite season of course lol. Although it did snow last year on my birthday for the 1st time I can remember.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Man, that cutoff to the south is just brutal.  I don't know if I can handle a 10" snow with 25" just 50 miles to my NW.  We always get robbed  :P

Looks like Indiana ranges from close to 0" in the south, to 30" in the north.

Is it just me or does it seem like this winter it's easier to get snow further south the further west you go ? That map is a good example. 30" in Central Missouri and due east in Louisville nothing. 40" in Northern Missouri and due east in Indy 9".