Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Death of DroughtStein Discussion

Bostonseminole

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup. It all came back and greened up . The fert I dropped Labor Day weekend when there were promises of rainy month finally got soaked on 

Good to hear.  We planted 5 plum trees right before this last dry stretch so I am thankful for the rain so I don't need to keep watering them.

My lawn actually greened up about three or four weeks ago when that last convection ( prior to this recent macroburst event ) came through...  We were actually straw lawn beige ...then, we got an inch.5 in a two thunderstorms on the same day... and within 3 days there were new green blades coming up and since... it's green.  

It's never been really very reflective of a significant deficit here in the Nashoba Valley, but.. in fairness, I have had a convective season here.   I was under something like 8 t-storm warnings and 2 tor-warnings ... No tors verified but we had big wind and lightning cut up rains on at least half those t-storm warnings.   Granted, convection tends to bonanza locales while boning regions... agreed, so this area was probably lucky in that regard.  The small stream just down the road that is very seasonal rain readily responsive was actually dry enough to walk without wetting foot other years when the region was only yellow in patches by the Monitoring folks.  This year, it's still managed small amounts throughout -