• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers

September Discobs 2020

11 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Sorry!  Your house is gonna feel so good when it's fixed.  This is also going to feel nice:

image.png.c10390fa912aedb4cd58b3a88a69a3e8.png

Thanks! Yeah, if only the front would come today instead of late tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, GATECH said:

That is so crazy...

Yeah that’s what threw me for a loop when I first joined this thread. I wasn’t even aware a weather event was going on and it’s been dry and maybe a sprinkle today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

That heavy rain axis seems aimed at me. 0.3” so far since yesterday.

It does, but it also doesn't seem to be advancing much north. Seem like it is hitting a wall right now.

12 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Dang so what is this...just a southern MD/DC event? Had no idea this was an "event" per se...I knew it was supposed to be heavy rain or whatever but...dang, lol

It seems more and more common to get these crazy deluges in some areas with other areas nearby getting nothing.  It's a thing.

Both kids are at UMD and say it is just torrential rain with big thunder.  At least they don't have to walk to classes today.

Just now, BlizzardNole said:

It seems more and more common to get these crazy deluges in some areas with other areas nearby getting nothing.  It's a thing.

Both kids are at UMD and say it is just torrential rain with big thunder.  At least they don't have to walk to classes today.

Went to UMD. The mall can become a river. Can they get pics?

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

It does, but it also doesn't seem to be advancing much north. Seem like it is hitting a wall right now.

Got a question about this...Why is it that areas in the southern half of the state seem to be more prone to severe weather? Or am I just imagining that? (Seems like the northeast part of the state sees a little more too...nothing like an Aberdeen/northeast, MD thunderstorm, lol)

Had to check with the kids at home to see if my basement had flooded due to the downpours.  Will see how much as fallen when I get home.

16 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Because we need more? :lol:

Caught 1.54" in half an hour! And, that was only because I caught the side of it.

I see that the center of that train had DCA in the bullseye.  It'll be interesting to see how much they picked up.

Turkey Branch in Rockville rose 7 feet in <1 hour, Sligo Creek @ Sherrill Dr rose 4ft <1 hr. ~50 waters call between 12pm and 2pm Montgomery, about 20 required some kind of FD action.

1 minute ago, coolio said:

Caught 1.54" in half an hour! And, that was only because I caught the side of it.

I see that the center of that train had DCA in the bullseye.  It'll be interesting to see how much they picked up.

slowed down...2.85" so far in this discrete event..Most of that fell in an hour

• Like 2

Forecast seems a mess today. Started the day expecting off/on rain all day, then it seemed like everything was sliding to the NE and we'd dry out, now we've got flash flooding and a lot in the metro area getting pummeled.