• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TuggHillRosato
    Newest Member
    TuggHillRosato

Fall Banter and General Discussion

So I’ve been having an animal digging under my gate to my run off and on the past few weeks. My outdoor cam has caught a whitish animal a few nights, but I could never make it out clearly. It looked like the size of a skunk, but lighter like an opossum. I even wondered if it was an ermine, but I figured they could get in between the chain links of the gate and wouldn’t dig. Anyway, I setup a trail cam and we found the guilty party. 

2C362354-AA6E-43FF-A73B-CCE19F5B799F.jpeg
75EF644E-2F08-4770-BEA0-8BDE86A6B37C.jpeg

Has anyone seen a skunk this white before? 

• Haha 1

Just now, dendrite said:

So I’ve been having an animal digging under my gate to my run off and on the past few weeks. My outdoor cam has caught a whitish animal a few nights, but I could never make it out clearly. It looked like the size of a skunk, but lighter like an opossum. I even wondered if it was an ermine, but I figured they could get in between the chain links of the gate and wouldn’t dig. Anyway, I setup a trail cam and we found the guilty party. 

A skunk that white is a predictor of a snowy winter

• Haha 5

Just now, CoastalWx said:

10-11 winter!

I think that’s low-balling it. Maybe something like Dec 1970, Jan 2011, Feb 2015, and Mar 1993

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Albino, And those skunks love grubs.

Went to CVS this morning and did my Covid testing duty before returning to Massachusetts. Did it in line in a Meers taxi van. 
They handed  us 4 test kits through the drivers side window. We sat there while the lady watched us swab. 

10 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Went to CVS this morning and did my Covid testing duty before returning to Massachusetts. Did it in line in a Meers taxi van. 
They handed  us 4 test kits through the drivers side window. We sat there while the lady watched us swab. 

How long for results 

My wife signed up for the appointment online and we got confirmation numbers. Getting the names matched up with the numbers and having to communicate that through a driver who’s first language is Hindi was a little tough but we got it done.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think that’s low-balling it. Maybe something like Dec 1970, Jan 2011, Feb 2015, and Mar 1993

My preference would be Nov 2018, Dec 1976 (in Ft Kent, 61.5"), Jan 2015, Feb 2017, Mar 2001 and April 2007.  Comes to a bit over 250", a modest request.  Maybe add Oct 2000 and this past May to boost it past 260. 

Elon Musk's starlink satellite service just went live for beta users. It looks like its only active pretty far north but some NNE's can currently get it. People are reporting some incredible speeds around 100-200 mbs.

This is going to bring some big competition to home wired internet. At my place I only have one option with Comcast. I know some places up north are still using slow dsl connections.

https://satellitemap.space/indexA.html

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Elon Musk's starlink satellite service just went live for beta users. It looks like its only active pretty far north but some NNE's can currently get it. People are reporting some incredible speeds around 100-200 mbs.

This is going to bring some big competition to home wired internet. At my place I only have one option with Comcast. I know some places up north are still using slow dsl connections.

That's pretty sweet, thanks for posting.

Interesting to have a big fat pipe but really long latencies.

14 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Just bought some tsla stock couple days ago. Wished I had gotten in earlier this year. it's bound to crash, but some think it'll hit $1000 per by eoy.

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

I still have dsl, I want starlink!!!

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My Uncle in FL had covid and not doing well. Claimed the only thing he did was go to Walmart late last week. Just be safe.

Hope it all turns out ok dude.  My friends dad is 70 and in ICU in NH with COVID.  Also saw a post from an old girlfriend who lost her father to COVID last week.

I feel for those with a dark winter coming up but I’m very glad I’m not dealing with burying a family member.  Hard to complain when you see the devastation in farewell posts on social.

5 hours ago, dendrite said:

looks like a skunk and a opossum mated

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Comcast will start charging for data usage beyond 1 TB per month or so in Mass.    so maybe Starlink will offer competition?

Towns are already doing their own fiber optic. This should be every town. Comcast can eff themselves. 

• Like 1

Towns are already doing their own fiber optic. This should be every town. Comcast can eff themselves. 
I doubt we'll ever get fiber here. After three price hikes in less than 2yrs, I'm pretty tired of Spectrum. I'd try starlink.
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m so happy to have Stowe Cable and Stowe Electric as local town utilities.  The customer service is really hard to beat as 24/7 you can get a local tech on the phone who lives nearby, ha.  Local town utilities are the way to go.

My favorite was the Red Sox and NESN was frozen one evening last summer.  I call the tech support and get some guy in his backyard gardening who was like “Oh damn the game started didn’t it?  I was heading in to watch it once I finished with the garden.  It’s frozen?  Ok give me 10 minutes.”  Then 10 minutes later it starts back up again lol.

• Like 1

We have spectrum here. I hate them. They gave an antiquated system of using a tuning adaptor that calls for channels that aren’t being used on a particular node. Their bandwidth is too small to push every frequency so they hold back some channels until they’re called for. If you have a box, it’s not an issue. But we have TiVos, 3 of them, and they all require the stupid tuning adapter. We have to reboot it at lest 3 times a week and it craps the bed invariably at a time we are recording something