• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
STILL N OF PIKE

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I actually find it the other way around here.  Most of the PWS temps being lower than the ASOS sites in full afternoon glory.  

Lol... yeah, I just thought that would be funny to say ...

although - hmm, now that I think about it..it does seem around town here in Ayer that I do cook a tick or two above FIT or BED ... ASH... Maybe not ASH so much... Nashua, not sure what it is about that site but they're a bakery -

By the way folks, is there an obs thread for this thing?

I'm 91 average at the three home stations within a mile of mi casa ... meanwhile, it's just nicking 90 now at FIT/BED ..etc...

I suspect Boston will be 96 and Logan will be 83 until the wind flips at Logan around 4:58 pm when the city grabs ankles and rips what it thinks of using an island in the Harbor to describe Comm Ave. 

In any case, we have a more active W to WSW breeze rustling trees here ...kicked in right at 90 and the wind feels hot - you know?  that special quality under a uncontaminated sky too.

This will be an interesting night as the EML inversion really slabs over and we we can't radiate Earth release through a warm layer...  I wonder if the wind flips at Logan kidding aside, it pops of 93 or 94 ...then it's 80 or 85 still at midnight... Urban centers and poor families on 3rd floors ftl tonight - 

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

92/55 at BDL      91/63  KBED      90/63 BEV    91/60  HFD    Westfield 90/60

Falmouth 88/72

I'd say add 3 ... maybe 4 across the board save Falmouth - it's just only past 18z and we typically get that 2nd/tertiary exclamation spike not 'till what ... 4:30-ish ...?  Maybe just 2 ... but we're not heading down yet and we're surpassing MOS confidently ... 

24 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Lol... yeah, I just thought that would be funny to say ...

although - hmm, now that I think about it..it does seem around town here in Ayer that I do cook a tick or two above FIT or BED ... ASH... Maybe not ASH so much... Nashua, not sure what it is about that site but they're a bakery -

By the way folks, is there an obs thread for this thing?

I'm 91 average at the three home stations within a mile of mi casa ... meanwhile, it's just nicking 90 now at FIT/BED ..etc...

I suspect Boston will be 96 and Logan will be 83 until the wind flips at Logan around 4:58 pm when the city grabs ankles and rips what it thinks of using an island in the Harbor to describe Comm Ave. 

In any case, we have a more active W to WSW breeze rustling trees here ...kicked in right at 90 and the wind feels hot - you know?  that special quality under a uncontaminated sky too.

This will be an interesting night as the EML inversion really slabs over and we we can't radiate Earth release through a warm layer...  I wonder if the wind flips at Logan kidding aside, it pops of 93 or 94 ...then it's 80 or 85 still at midnight... Urban centers and poor families on 3rd floors ftl tonight - 

You wonder where if we see heat bursts overnight like they do in Midwest. BDL or ORH suddenly jumps to 102 at 2:30 AM as EML rips in 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

You can actually have heat bursts outside of the mountains in all seriousness though - I remember one in April ... 2006 I think it was.   They're not as dramatic but they can happen.

That would not be taking place in this synoptic scenario ...

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You wonder where if we see heat bursts overnight like they do in Midwest. BDL or ORH suddenly jumps to 102 at 2:30 AM as EML rips in 

Yeah ORH spiking to 102 would be pretty typical of an overnight heat burst. Some of the coastal plain may breach 110. 

• Haha 4

Not our forum but heh...  18z drops PHL to frigid 88 for a low Sunday night -

Interestingly...has LGA 83 for low ... and Boston low 70s ... but it's pretty clear that Boston is getting ventilated from the SSW/indirect marine wind that model's trying desperately to bend into eastern Mass late tomorrow.   It's almost west PHL-LGA-ALB but is SSW east... edit: read the wind intervals wrong ...anyway

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

So today was just the little appetizer 

Any guess who may hit highest Sunday 

BDL, BED, MHT?

FWIW...top 18z MAV highs for New England

ASH 99
CON 98
MHT 98
FIT 98
LWM 98
OWD 98
BAF 98