• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
STILL N OF PIKE

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha that’s crazy, first time.  I’m going on number ten I think.

90/66 at MVL.

A lot of places in CNE and SNE are getting first 90F today. Definitely been a weird first half of summer. 

BED is 97 too...

Yeah, we're probably popping a hundo at these spots...   For one, the atmospheric adiabats support it... Even though the low end of the launch-pad, ...so, it may just be a rarer scenario where we get a 35 diurnal spread out of 65 for a low...  It's completely clear ...utterly blemishless sky under insolation that's just a month older than the longest day of the year... It's just superb heating ... 

What makes one wonder what could have been with a fire-up temp of 74 and a WNW wind, huh

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

ORH actually dropped to 90F on their next 5 min ob after the 1654z reading. They’ve since recovered back to 91F but have rotted there for about 25 min. I’d like to see 93 at 2pm for them to have a shot at 95+. This wind direction isn’t great though. It’s trying to go more WSW but I’d really like to see a period of almost due W. Their bread and butter though is WNW and NW. 

gotta say... even if it stops at 93 ...to be in above the 95th percentile "relative to the wind direction" - that's saying a lot about this air mass.   wow! 

If it does some how make 95, it sort of underscores more so than the record because doing it backed is worth looking up the highest temps per wind direction...I wonder if 93 is a record for 210...

Looking at high res vis im...some pop corn cu streets materializing now and they are exposing the environmental turn-over momentum and it's really looking more 230 or 240 out, despite the surface obs...

Edit: not sure about rounding conventions but 17:54 put up a 92 at ORH

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How is a summer where every single station in NE other than BOS is having a top 5-10 hot summer considered meh? It’s been anything but meh. Logan stands out like sore thumb 

The past few years the temp probe has been a weenie +2F as well. Last year was a COC summer. Maybe he means 2018?

24 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The title of this thread is weird...

YES.  I'm sitting in my AC sunroom watching the VP2 with interest.  89.4F at 245pm.  Will I hit 90F?  I mean seriously?  WTF cares about 1/10ths of a degree except me and gets excited about this stuff.  Definitely weenie behavior.  Mary Trump would have fun with my brain

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How is a summer where every single station in NE other than BOS is having a top 5-10 hot summer considered meh? It’s been anything but meh. Logan stands out like sore thumb 

Is that true?  

It’s been hot across parts of NNE but plenty of spots are getting first 90s today... I didn’t get the feeling placed like BDL/ORH/TAN/PVD, etc were seeing a top 5 or 10 style summer.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Is that true?  

It’s been hot across parts of NNE but plenty of spots are getting first 90s today... I didn’t get the feeling placed like BDL/ORH/TAN, etc were seeing a top 5 or 10 style summer.

Not top 5-10 hottest here at all.  I see TAN popped a 93F.  Wake me up when I start see 98-99F here.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Not top 5-10 hottest here at all.  I see TAN popped a 93F.  Wake me up when I start see 98-99F here.

Yeah I mean I honestly don’t know.  Sometimes it’s hard to know if it’s DIT hyperbole, or maybe there was a graphic or something on twitter showing that.  

Genuinely curious if it’s true.

• Weenie 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah I mean I honestly don’t know.  Sometimes it’s hard to know if it’s DIT hyperbole, or maybe there was a graphic or something on twitter showing that.  

Genuinely curious if it’s true.

No doubt it’s warmer inland.  It becomes memorable when we see a lot of places tossing out upper nineties.  A couple spots is pretty par for the course in any given summer season.