Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
STILL N OF PIKE

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

93 ORH

heh...and right back to 92F (and back to 93F at the top of the hour). I feel like we're about maxed out. The hottest sites have been bouncing around 96-98F for the last 2 hours. Although the wind is definitely starting to pick up here in the last 15-20 mins. Maybe we can compress a bit more over the next hour.

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Not top 5-10 hottest here at all.  I see TAN popped a 93F.  Wake me up when I start see 98-99F here.

I saw a map posted of all NE sites and just about everyone was top 10. This was a week or so ago. I think CAR and BTV were 1.. ORH was 5 ish BDL was 10 and I bet moved up. Only BOS and I guess far SE areas werent 

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

No doubt it’s warmer inland.  It becomes memorable when we see a lot of places tossing out upper nineties.  A couple spots is pretty par for the course in any given summer season.

Yeah normally though it’s the daily average temp... like we had that record hot summer a couple years ago almost entirely from high minimums.  

Its really hard to judge top summer’s from afternoon max temps.  

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I saw a map posted of all NE sites and just about everyone was top 10. This was a week or so ago. I think CAR and BTV were 1.. ORH was 5 ish BDL was 10 and I bet moved up. Only BOS and I guess far SE areas werent 

Yeah that’s what I was wondering, would love to see that graphic.

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How is a summer where every single station in NE other than BOS is having a top 5-10 hot summer considered meh? It’s been anything but meh. Logan stands out like sore thumb 

NNE yes.  SNE no.  Not debatable really..

• Confused 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah normally though it’s the daily average temp... like we had that record hot summer a couple years ago almost entirely from high minimums.  

Its really hard to judge top summer’s from afternoon max temps.  

Really no ratters until last week. Just the steady as she goes daily AN temps. Doing it by winning a lot of 8-2 games versus 16-9.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Think BDL may have touched 99?

Back to 97F. They may have...they had a couple of B2B 37C obs, but I'm 50/50 on it.

BAF is more likely as they've had quite a string of 37C obs. Add MHT to the club now with 37C.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Meh heat AWT. 

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I mean I honestly don’t know.  Sometimes it’s hard to know if it’s DIT hyperbole, or maybe there was a graphic or something on twitter showing that.  

Genuinely curious if it’s true.

You know how it goes, top 5-10 is really 10-15. BTV and CAR have been hot but so far running 3rd hottest at both.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

heh...and right back to 92F (and back to 93F at the top of the hour). I feel like we're about maxed out. The hottest sites have been bouncing around 96-98F for the last 2 hours. Although the wind is definitely starting to pick up here in the last 15-20 mins. Maybe we can compress a bit more over the next hour.

yeah ... noticed the bouncing behavior too -...interesting, the adiabats support 2 to 3 more but... as you mention, with the wind only just now starting the wiggle tree tops we may yet mix out...  hard to believe but -

The other thing, bouncing or not we tend not absolute the max until 4 to 5 pm in there... I cannot imagine this atmosphere and circumstance requiring differently ...  So far, MOS is admirable.

20 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It was 100 at ACK.   Extremely impressive!

And 100 at BHB, perhaps even more impressive as SSTs were probably 10° lower.

When I saw the map a week or more ago they were both 1

This past Tues-Fri were my only BN days of the month.  Those 4 days might be the cause of the drop in ranking.  We'll see if today and tomorrow can push them back up.