• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
STILL N OF PIKE

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

gotta say... even if it stops at 93 ...to be in above the 95th percentile "relative to the wind direction" - that's saying a lot about this air mass.   wow! 

If it does some how make 95, it sort of underscores more so than the record because doing it backed is worth looking up the highest temps per wind direction...I wonder if 93 is a record for 210...

Looking at high res vis im...some pop corn cu streets materializing now and they are exposing the environmental turn-over momentum and it's really looking more 230 or 240 out, despite the surface obs...

Edit: not sure about rounding conventions but 17:54 put up a 92 at ORH

Yeah I’m not sure what the max temp at ORH is based on wind direction. I did check 29 years ago (1991) and they had a SW wind when they hit 95F but they had been WNW all morning leading up to it. This morning was obviously not like that. 

Looks like they are done though for today. Another 93F at 4pm. That’s about what I figured they’d max out at with the wind today. It’s possible they snuck in a 94 briefly between about 3-330pm as that was their only consistent string of 34C obs on the 5 min transcript. Not sure there’s enough left today to make another run.

Regardless, they needed 95 to tie the record. 

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Every summer has days like this.  Not memorable-need another 5F for that.

Depends where you are. For BOS, sure. Although I agree this isn’t really memorable for anyone. It was still high end over the interior. 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Most summers. Just like most winters have a brutal cold shot, but you dont hear mehs

You should hear mehs if the low for the year is above zilch.  Our climate thankfully produces extremes but years from now this won’t be memorable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

how often does MHT hit 98

its a very hot day in SNH, like 1 once a year heat

If someone is 93-94 ya that is more run of the mill (above average summer heat)

Most summers of the past 15 years.  MHT has an amazing ability to torch in summer.  Once a year heat is meh.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Most summers of the past 15 years.  MHT has an amazing ability to torch in summer.  Once a year heat is meh.

The same as once a year cold shots I guess.  

It seemed pretty hot region wide.  

I guess it depends on meh... is everything meh that isn’t remembered years later?

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The same as once a year cold shots I guess.  

its a odd angle to take. I mean i do get it...but We aren't having one out of 20 year heat more than a few times in our lives...so ....

I could see if everyone was hiding and fearing for their lives.  The talk is simply some areas are very hot out. 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Most summers. Just like most winters have a brutal cold shot, but you dont hear mehs

I’d like to see at least a couple daily records fall. 

That said, we got somewhat close at a few spots. 

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

July '11 is the last heatwave I really remember as being brutal.

i don't recall any in SNE

I recall one in SFL where FLL and WPB got to 101 or 102 w a very light westerly flow... with DP in the upper 70's and no wind. That was hell on earth. Record highs were easily toppled that day or tw0

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

i don't recall any in SNE

I recall one in SFL where FLL and WPB got to 101 or 102 w a very light westerly flow... with DP in the upper 70's and no wind. That was hell on earth. Record highs were easily toppled that day or tw0

Year estimate? WPB hasn't hit 100F since 1942 and FLL has nothing in their records over 100F. They did hit 100F on 6/22/09.