• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
STILL N OF PIKE

Just now, dendrite said:

You're fast. I've been refreshing every 10 minutes. ;)

Looks like ORH was more in the heat zone with elevation influence while BOS/PVD suffered the LIS taint.

Yeah ORH at 94 is the most impressive out of those. Almost tied the record of 95F in 1991. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hoth said:

July '11 is the last heatwave I really remember as being brutal.

17 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

i don't recall any in SNE

I recall one in SFL where FLL and WPB got to 101 or 102 w a very light westerly flow... with DP in the upper 70's and no wind. That was hell on earth. Record highs were easily toppled that day or tw0

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

An all timer then  for sure!

You have to be joking?  Wherewas this heat wave?  I only had one 90F + for the entire month.  -1.6F for the month here.

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Year estimate? WPB hasn't hit 100F since 1942 and FLL has nothing in their records over 100F. They did hit 100F on 6/22/09.

yes was definitely June of 09. I said Enough after that day, thou i was done with the heat after nearly a decade. Moved to Burlington and joined this site that fall. I was certain that hit 101 guess not  ...I was in Boca.

West Palm had over 90 ...90 degree humid days that year and Miami had well over 100 of em. Was lovely.

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I joined the 90F club.   90.2F,  first time in 2 years.  

Does anyone remember the AMWX or Eastern WX get together years ago at BWI.   I believe it got up to 106F that day at BWI with a high dew too.  Going outside was a true steam bath.

Would have been EUSWx.  I went to the 2006 or 2007 Conference.  Lucky I recall that much, let alone the weather outside. :lol:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I joined the 90F club.   90.2F,  first time in 2 years.  

Does anyone remember the AMWX or Eastern WX get together years ago at BWI.   I believe it got up to 106F that day at BWI with a high dew too.  Going outside was a true steam bath.

Lil Amy and I went to the packy, 108 on the car. That was a blast furnace.  Thank god for the Long island ice teas flowing like the Niagara 

12 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I vaguely recall someone doing one of those but don’t know who.  I may have not been at that years conference.

I know Ray and I had our tub turn into a beer tub at least 2 or 3 of the conferences. 

• Like 1