• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX

Summer 2020 Banter and random observations

Just now, Dan said:

I am seeing it less down here, maybe 25% of the people are not wearing masks.  That will change with some of the individual stores mandating them, but still, a healthy amount not wearing them or wearing it below their nose, including take out places.  Some places no one (staff) is wearing them at all.

That's the concerning part.  But then again I've seen a lot of people go on social media to call out a business where someone wasn't wearing a mask or had one below their chin, but then like 20 people will chime in that they go into that store almost daily and everyone has masks on.  You never know when you might catch an employee or two (who might wear a mask for 7 hours out of an 8-hour shift) with it down under the chin after just taking a drink of water or something. 

A friend did have one interaction in a backwoods country store up here in VT where the woman at the deli counter making sandwiches had her mask down under her chin and a customer asked her to put it up while making his sandwich.  She replied that she has serious lung issues and can't wear the mask, which then devolved into an uncomfortable conversation with her about why she is in that position interacting with so many people if she is so high-risk that her lungs are that bad she can't put a mask on for 5-minutes.  She didn't really have an answer.  Always a risk embarrassing someone making your food though, ha.

47 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Most stores are requiring masks now at least. Only a little over 400 cases in the state now and not many north of MHT. Hopefully bike week doesn’t mess things up. It should’ve been canceled. 

I guess Plymouth ( NH) selectman are going to vote for a mask mandate.  It was on WMUR.  Meanwhile Bob's sister from Florida who has lived with her boyfriend of 10 years decided to get married.  Since they are originally from NH they planned an outdoor wedding at Lake Sunapee in August.  They have not cancelled it and it makes me  upset that the contingent is coming up.  I don't want to go.  I hope it doesn't rain and they decide to move in inside.  Don't know how you wear a mask and social distance at a wedding.  They better not ask us to take off masks for photos.  Such is family politics.  So selfish in my opinion they are doing this!

33 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Got a hard time for wearing one? Must be a NH thing.

Yeah the dude was giving him a bunch of shi*t....like "hey you don't need to wear those outside"...when he just put it on because he was going into the store.  Then when in the store, the guy said to him "hey are you doing OK? I just want to make sure you can breathe in that thing".   

Just now, Whineminster said:

Yeah the dude was giving him a bunch of shi*t....like "hey you don't need to wear those outside"...when he just put it on because he was going into the store.  Then when in the store, the guy said to him "hey are you doing OK? I just want to make sure you can breathe in that thing".   

What a dick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

49 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Got a hard time for wearing one? Must be a NH thing.

It happens here in Mass too.  People have given my son shit at his work. 

There was some dude not wearing his in the grocery store I use this morning. Looked like a toolbag.  I kept my distance. 

sigh.  We could squash this fairly quickly if people would be considerate 

• Like 3

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

The worst of the worst.  That sucks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

There was some dude not wearing his in the grocery store I use this morning. Looked like a toolbag.  I kept my distance. 

sigh.  We could squash this fairly quickly if people would be considerate 

Lat night in a Zoom meeting for the State snowmobile association we were discussing how we could hold our annual meeting and one of the Board members started going off on wearing masks  and how the Governor has no right to mandate masks without declaring martial law and that this isn't a pandemic.  I told him that regardless of how he personally feels we still have to follow the rules on gathering size, social distancing, masks etc.  He still seemed pretty po'd about the whole thing.  

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Lat night in a Zoom meeting for the State snowmobile association we were discussing how we could hold our annual meeting and one of the Board members started going off on wearing masks  and how the Governor has no right to mandate masks without declaring martial law and that this isn't a pandemic.  I told him that regardless of how he personally feels we still have to follow the rules on gathering size, social distancing, masks etc.  He still seemed pretty po'd about the whole thing.  

Last night the district I teach in was going to have a Zoom meeting between the superintendent and her people and the school committee to go over the plans they have been working on since March. This was open to the public.  They got Zoom bombed in a pretty disgusting way so it was shut down.  Ugh.  

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Last night the district I teach in was going to have a Zoom meeting between the superintendent and her people and the school committee to go over the plans they have been working on since March. This was open to the public.  They got Zoom bombed in a pretty disgusting way so it was shut down.  Ugh.  

Awful.  They had one last week here and another one coming up.  They opened the zoom up to 1000 participants.  Luckily we didn't have any issues like you had.

Just now, Dan said:

Awful.  They had one last week here and another one coming up.  They opened the zoom up to 1000 participants.  Luckily we didn't have any issues like you had.

I was wondering why they couldn’t make it password secure but I think the Open Meeting laws prevent that or something.  

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was wondering why they couldn’t make it password secure but I think the Open Meeting laws prevent that or something.  

Could be, of course then you get what you saw, so what would be better.   Sometimes common sense needs to win out.  They also had the meeting on the local channel on cable.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Its been confirmed it was a great white shark that killed the 63 yr old from NYC, Sad.

I've read that great whites can partially thermoregulate, thus can remain active in colder waters than can most shark species. 

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

I've read that great whites can partially thermoregulate, thus can remain active in colder waters than can most shark species. 

Not surprised, They have been spotted up here before but further south, Seal population has grown so they are after the food.

12 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Red Sox called. They need me to give them a few innings tonight. Pats called and asked if I could play LB for them. Decisions....decisions.

Will all be irrelevant soon.

58 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Red Sox called. They need me to give them a few innings tonight. Pats called and asked if I could play LB for them. Decisions....decisions.

I still think the Sox could lose a hundred games this year...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

I still think the Sox could lose a hundred games this year...

And that's even with a 60 game season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

Sea surface temps are quite warm off the coast of Maine. I would assume there are tons of seals on all the rocky coast there.

Ed9ZPdUWAAAEZ-5.png

8 hours ago, mreaves said:

Take a day trip over to Willoughby.  It's my favorite lake.  Absolutely stunning.  Good hiking on the mountains on either side of the lake, Mt. Pisgah and Mt. Hor

We did today. Swam and kayaked. Absolutely  beautiful lake, looks like what I imagine a fjord would look like. Hiking up Pisgah tomorrow. What a gorgeous area. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Yeah I saw the Red Sox were looking for anyone who could "throw the ball forward" to pitch for them.

33 minutes ago, MacChump said:

We did today. Swam and kayaked. Absolutely  beautiful lake, looks like what I imagine a fjord would look like. Hiking up Pisgah tomorrow. What a gorgeous area. 

It is the best lake in Vermont, hands down.  Not even close really.  Such a cool spot and topography.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It is the best lake in Vermont, hands down.  Not even close really.  Such a cool spot and topography.

IMG_6669.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I saw the Red Sox were looking for anyone who could "throw the ball forward" to pitch for them.

Dr Fauci?

• Haha 2