• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    david121212
    Newest Member
    david121212

July Discobs 2020

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Feels like a day that the 90 streak will end.  Sitting at 11 at DCA.

Dude.  clouds will burn off by 1pm, DCA will sneak in a bogus 90 on a NW wind inter-hour obs.  Thats the standard DC day.  Oh and thrown in some quick CAPE to bust the cap and a SPC meso with a 30% watch 

• Like 1

Final system total was 5.56” from 10pm-5am. Only the July 2018 coastal had more daily IMBY, but that was over a much longer duration.

Power’s back and sump pump is working again- I managed to prevent getting a basement flood. It’s a good thing the power went out at the end, rather than at the beginning.

My son’s being seen this afternoon. His Dr. thinks it’s unlikely to be Covid as no one else is sick and we haven’t really been anywhere (and when we do, we’re very strict on masks & social distancing). Ticks are really bad in my yard this year (I’ve pulled them off the kids and myself several times) so Lyme is a concern. I’ll let you all know the outcome.

Please, no more rain! My 7-day looks awful lol

Yup.  Getting more sunny by the min.  1pm call looking good.

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

My son’s being seen this afternoon. His Dr. thinks it’s unlikely to be Covid as no one else is sick and we haven’t really been anywhere (and when we do, we’re very strict on masks & social distancing). Ticks are really bad in my yard this year (I’ve pulled them off the kids and myself several times) so Lyme is a concern. I’ll let you all know the outcome.

Hope your little guy's appointment goes well and he feels better soon.  Damn ticks -- I earned myself 38 days on antibiotics two summers ago because one of those things, and my mother in northern Calvert has that meat and dairy allergy from a Lone Star tick bite.

Sun getting going here, and hoping for some rain later as my area missed out yesterday.

12z Euro / EPS have a 594 / 597 dm ridge building  in from TX to Bermuda starting around HR 240. 

2 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Final system total was 5.56” from 10pm-5am. Only the July 2018 coastal had more daily IMBY, but that was over a much longer duration.

Power’s back and sump pump is working again- I managed to prevent getting a basement flood. It’s a good thing the power went out at the end, rather than at the beginning.

Please, no more rain! My 7-day looks awful lol

I thought ticks were noticeably worse this years as well.  My wife was just (30 days ago) diagnosed with Lyme disease.  Fortunately, it was caught in the first 30 days or so as she had classic symptoms of early lyme.  Symptoms were so close to COVID we really thought she had contracted the virus somehow but the test came back neg as symptoms worsened.  Once the rash started we knew we were dealing something else.  Hope your boy is on the mend here soon. 

56 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

83 at 1pm with a river wind.  I still have the under.

stupid wind.  Still have a shot.  Its only 2pm

86 at DCA as of 2:40 pm despite the river wind. I think we can do it.

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice comfortable day working outside.  

Currently 76

LOL Where you at? Davis WV? West Yellowstone?

6 hours ago, H2O said:

Dude.  clouds will burn off by 1pm, DCA will sneak in a bogus 90 on a NW wind inter-hour obs.  Thats the standard DC day.  Oh and thrown in some quick CAPE to bust the cap and a SPC meso with a 30% watch 

2 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Up to 86! I believe in you.

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

86 at DCA as of 2:40 pm despite the river wind. I think we can do it.

I bow to the believers.  :clap:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I bow to the believers.  :clap:

I know my DC. Venmo me my winnings

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

LOL Where you at? Davis WV? West Yellowstone?

Good ol Carroll county lol . Up to 81 now . Cloudy skies through 3pm here .

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Good ol Carroll county lol . Up to 81 now . Cloudy skies through 3pm here .

Cleared up early here. Even so, I was pleasantly surprised to get a localized cell pop over my area this afternoon. Efficient rain producer.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Cleared up early here. Even so, I was pleasantly surprised to get a localized cell pop over my area this afternoon. Efficient rain producer.

It was mist reaching the ground for a bit in Westminster earlier. 

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

3k IR on Thursday is impressive.  Probably too amped but verbatim decent strength coastal . 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486cimageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486c

PhotoPictureResizer_200707_171115732_crop_1305x1809-522x724.jpg

Get that sucker off the coast so we can get a good spin up :weenie: 

• Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

For all my complaining, this has been a huckuva summer for storms to pop up and dump heavy rain on me.

Pouring and starting to get a little windy out in NW Arlington. 

Up to over 4” here since midnight

• Like 1