• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PrinsWX
    Newest Member
    PrinsWX

July Discobs 2020

Seems like CWG was a little too pessimistic about opening day tonight being postponed and concerning the masses. Idk things today don’t look too widespread to me and if it does get that way it seems like it may be later in the evening. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Hrrr has the party going through the overnight as well.  Looking at Nam  h5 vorticity it looks to support some extra forcing overnight . I'm rooting for 4 convective rounds imby totalling 2-3" :raining:

Certainly looks like activity could persist all night. Fun stuff.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Certainly looks like activity could persist all night. Fun stuff.

keep talking dirty

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

My God, Norfolk. Four straight days of 100. That’s big heat. 

Running an average high of 93.6 and low of 75.8 for a +4.9 departure, with every day except July 2 above average (and that was dead on average).  Oh and they have 0.8 inches of total rain for the month.  UGLY.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Have to see if these storms get any better organized as they push East. Stuff just south of Frederick looks decent

Yeah that’s really all that’s out there that might be a good show. Not moving too fast. If it gets to my neck of the woods I guess it wouldn’t be until after 8pm. We’ll see

What the heck... there was a storm that was 10(?) miles or so southwest of me, and it stayed there for the longest time, now it’s just gone! It looked good too...

I don’t know how accurate but Martin St airport in East Baltimore county is reporting a dew point of 81 making for a heat index of 106 on a 88 temp. It does feel more soupy out over the last hour or so 

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

I don’t know how accurate but Martin St airport in East Baltimore county is reporting a dew point of 81 making for a heat index of 106 on a 88 temp. It does feel more soupy out over the last hour or so 

Would not be surprised.  It's a sultry mess out there right now. Can we just skip to October already?

• Like 1

Just now, Stormfly said:

Would not be surprised.  It's a sultry mess out there right now. Can we just skip to October already?

It does seem to typically run higher than surrounding areas, but it is close to the bay so maybe. It definitely sucks right now even with the sun currently hidden by cloud cover. 

• Like 1

Third day in a row with storms here.  Today had the heaviest rain and more strong winds like the last two days.  

1.53” in a short time this afternoon, after 0.64” yesterday and 0.36” the day before.

Storms falling apart a bit. Definitely a meh night on the storm scale tonight. It’s clouded up real good around Baltimore but still nothing close to imminent 

Third day in a row with storms here.  Today had the heaviest rain and more strong winds like the last two days.  

1.53” in a short time this afternoon, after 0.64” yesterday and 0.36” the day before.
Crazy how my slightly southern lat resulted in a fraction of your totals. I was caught in the middle. Today produced though. Rough estimate looking at the rain gage.... 1.25" or so. Gardens are pleased finally...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

a storm developed just to the east of me, as in 1-2 miles, and then drifted back over me and grew stronger. a little thunder, no wind, and 1.31" of rain today after .55" yesterday.

Looks like NAM may have nailed the split. Doesn't look like much going on up this way tonight. Could be active around DC and south, though.