• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

Some 90+ info for Chicago, given the pattern we are in and will be in for the foreseeable future...

90+ Days as of June 30th...

ORD: 9 (94 highest)

MDW: 6 (94 highest)

MBY: 9 (95 highest)

1981-2010 average through June 30th for Chicago is 4.5 days and climate history average is 4.2 days...So while not record breaking or even close to it for now, this year is already running well above average for 90+ days. 

43 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Some 90+ info for Chicago, given the pattern we are in and will be in for the foreseeable future...

1981-2010 average through June 30th for Chicago is 4.5 days and climate history average is 4.2 days...So while not record breaking or even close to it for now, this year is already running well above average for 90+ days. 

Plugging away to a warmer than avg summer.

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

What are the Top 5 years for # of 90+ days in Chicago?  I think 1988 and 2012 were #1 and #2 (?).

9 minutes ago, beavis1729 said:

What are the Top 5 years for # of 90+ days in Chicago?  I think 1988 and 2012 were #1 and #2 (?).

1988, 1955, 2012, 1953, 1983

Bonus stat.  The year with the highest number of 90+ degree days without a 100+ degree day is 1959, which had 39 days aoa 90.

2 hours ago, Jonger said:

Getting mainstream media now discussing this heatwave as being historic, but tolerable for the low humidity.

I'm perfectly fine with dry heat.

Are they talking historic in terms of persistence?  I don't see too many individual days yielding record highs, but I suppose double digit days with highs over 90F don't happen too often in most Midwest cities, and Detroit may be a candidate for that this go around.

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

@Spartmanjust exploded seeing this :P

Madison, WI's forecast on that app looks just like this, and they have already been 89'd twice in June, with no 90s yet this year.  It looks to happen sometime in the next several days.  Meanwhile, lake breeze may keep us largely in the mid to upper 80s with manageable humidity in Milwaukee (we'll see).