Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2020 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

6 minutes ago, Powerball said:

The lake breeze front off Lake St. Clair clashed with a nice outflow boundary from storms in the Tri-Cities earlier, giving us a nice drenching t'storm right now.

Yeah like a few miles from my house. I can hear my grass crying from here.

13 minutes ago, Powerball said:

The lake breeze front off Lake St. Clair clashed with a nice outflow boundary from storms in the Tri-Cities earlier, giving us a nice drenching t'storm right now.

Was sitting in the perfect spot along the Berkley/Royal Oak border. Had a solid inch or so of rain and 50-60mph gusts for a few minutes. Over 3000 customers without power in Royal Oak. There were some real close CG strikes too. I was loving it but my dog sure wasn’t :lmao:

~~

Also oops haven’t been here in a hot minute. Never posted my story/pics from the Edenville Dam and Sanford Dam failures on here and I probably should

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MIstorm97 said:

Was sitting in the perfect spot along the Berkley/Royal Oak border. Had a solid inch or so of rain and 50-60mph gusts for a few minutes. Over 3000 customers without power in Royal Oak. There were some real close CG strikes too. I was loving it but my dog sure wasn’t :lmao:

~~

Also oops haven’t been here in a hot minute. Never posted my story/pics from the Edenville Dam and Sanford Dam failures on here and I probably should

Yeah you are too busy playing your alternate persona :D

We had a storm drop a microburst right over I 69 that flipped a semi tanker and took down some trees and interstate signs. The tanker was hauling glycerin, which didn't spill, although if it did, the firefighters on scene could have moisturized their hands.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Powerball said:

The lake breeze storms kicked off early today  as I'm hearing thunder now.

After hitting an intra-hour 91*F, DET has fallen back down to 85*F.

Nothing here, but areas around Highland Park and immediately to the west have a flash flood warning and severe thunderstorm warning.

Had a crazy thunderstorm rip through the area dropping an inch of much needed rain couple mins ago. Some parts of mid-Toronto got ~2 to 3" of rain.

A Tornado watch is currently in effect for Toronto proper as the storm cell is showing signs of rotation. Crazy! 

• Like 1

I work for the City of Royal Oak. Man was there a ton of tree damage to clear from last evening’s storm. Trees on cars, trees on houses, huge limbs down, many instances of wires down, the works. It was certainly a localized significant microburst. Got some decent lightning too last night, as seen below. So far today’s storms are avoiding Royal Oak, and considering there’s still a few days of cleanup left, I’m okay with that.

2hNbxrf.jpg

• Like 6

Hoping for some rain today. We got about six drops from a pulse shower yesterday, and that was the first precip since June 28th here in White Lake. 

The lake breeze boundary from St. Clair is booking it in my direction, so hopefully it'll squeeze out something from this juicy airmass.

• Like 1