Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, dendrite said:

Looks hot Sunday but nothing earth shattering. A lot of 94-97s. Maybe a few hot spots Monday. Low 90s Sat in SNE and maybe near 90° again Tue? Will be plenty hot even with less oppressive dews.  

Monday maybe another NNE special? Depending on cloud/convective potential but looks like there is greater convective potential down this way. 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

When John begins the heat thread , everyone should have a beverage handy 

For every time we read the words “Tapestry” “Opine” , “mortar”, “Cordelia”, “Nape”, or “Harv” we chug 

I’m going to be hammered before the end of the second paragraph 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Reminds me a lot of the huge heat and dews 78-80 we all had a couple summers ago. 2018 maybe 

Yes.  Dew of 59 remind me of dews of 78-80 as well.  Reminds me  of how much more comfortable it is.

Either way, I'll be at Pit2 with the progged weekend highs of 78 and 82. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

That summer was just awful. I think we doubled the record for amount of days with dews over 70, or something like that.

It was the worst summer of my lifetime. Simply because of the misery mornings filled with clouds, fog, and drizzle followed by like two hours of lunchtime sun before the afternoon/evening rains. For two months it was practically monsoon season. Every day I left work, it poured. Not severe storms either just training type tropical rains. You litterly couldn’t do anything outside after work all week. The weekends were washouts too. You’d have to get things done around lunctime in that small window of some sunny dews. Ya know, like chopping down all the tropical weeds, vegetation, and spraying and chizzling away at mold growing around the house. I had a 8ft weed next to my mailbox where I had to use a chainsaw to cut down. It was a disgustingly depressing summer. Never again. 

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Front comes by too early in the day to give us convection?   

Could be a morning/midday deal. We'll see how the timing goes. Wouldn't surprise me to see storms in VT into the overnight and dissipate our way...then everything refires S of us Monday. I haven't taken a deep look though.

16 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It was the worst summer of my lifetime. Simply because of the misery mornings filled with clouds, fog, and drizzle followed by like two hours of lunchtime sun before the afternoon/evening rains. For two months it was practically monsoon season. Every day I left work, it poured. Not severe storms either just training type tropical rains. You litterly couldn’t do anything outside after work all week. The weekends were washouts too. You’d have to get things done around lunctime in that small window of some sunny dews. Ya know, like chopping down all the tropical weeds, vegetation, and spraying and chizzling away at mold growing around the house. I had a 8ft weed next to my mailbox where I had to use a chainsaw to cut down. It was a disgustingly depressing summer. Never again. 

The mold and mildew were brutal.  I would take a week of dry high 90’s over that shit.  Useless.