• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PerintonMan
    Newest Member
    PerintonMan

SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Just now, Hoth said:

Looking at the 0z Euro now, the SW trend of the cutoff definitely stopped and reversed a bit. Not what those in search of a devastating blow want to see.

Euro is just too far W with many tropicals this season for whatever reason. Of course earlier GFS runs may have been too far east if this does go near NS...but definitely a bias in the euro this year. Even out in the WPAC too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tiger_deF said:

I can't believe how fast everyone here is ready to move on from this. Just because we've been hurt so many times in the past by tropical whiffs doesn't mean that all of them will. Hell, the GFS 6z run just caved a little further with the west movement up North (though still a NS storm with an escape route). 6 days out, plenty can change

I assume you are pretty young. Most here have seen this play hundreds of times. It would take a monster block to send this back this far west as an ET storm or a strong cutoff upper air low capturing this. It will bend but all indicators are this is not in the cards for SNE. 

Concern level rising. Models are starting to get that locked and loaded look. Not good. Hoping for a whiff. Nick is due for one...lol

#NovaScotiaStrong

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I assume you are pretty young. Most here have seen this play hundreds of times. It would take a monster block to send this back this far west as an ET storm or a strong cutoff upper air low capturing this. It will bend but all indicators are this is not in the cards for SNE. 

Would have to be a Scooter level banana hammock high arcing around the eastern side of the storm with it weakening on the west side.  Our Canadian Maritime members will need to start taking precautions for this one.

34 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Were some actually thinking Teddy was/is a legit threat to the populated areas of New England?

Yes  and others throughout the weather world although the risk was low.

• Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

That should be the end of that fantasy.

It would have been awesome to see it happen but you really need  alot of blocking  and a big trough to phase with for this storm to hook back west.  The low is also way too far out in the Atlantic. 

I will keep tracking it but not feeling it anymore

1 hour ago, ineedsnow said:

6z GEFS starting to trend more with the hook

Webber mentioned that this morning 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

He gone, move on folks. 

Not yet 

We know how these models have been with the tropics. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ineedsnow said:

I hope it hits just to pull this up..  :)

He'd be thrilled to.  But I agree with him.  Now that models shifted back east some this morning...this is not a NE storm at all.  Was fun to fantasize and speculate for a day/few hours.  But I wouldn't be hoping this comes back west "Enough."       

We had our brush with tropical back on August 5th....that should do it for another decade or so. 

3 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

I hope it hits just to pull this up..  :)

Same here, but I am confident. LOL. There is a reason why it's never really happened in modern recorded time. Not from that angle. If that cutoff were 500miles WSW...I'd be weenie deep. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro is just too far W with many tropicals this season for whatever reason. Of course earlier GFS runs may have been too far east if this does go near NS...but definitely a bias in the euro this year. Even out in the WPAC too. 

Euro always has a slight SW bias with tropicals. It just seems more enhanced this year. 

1 hour ago, Hazey said:

Concern level rising. Models are starting to get that locked and loaded look. Not good. Hoping for a whiff. Nick is due for one...lol

#NovaScotiaStrong

We concern

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Same here, but I am confident. LOL. There is a reason why it's never really happened in modern recorded time. Not from that angle. If that cutoff were 500miles WSW...I'd be weenie deep. 

6z EPS.  We watch!

Screenshot_20200917-093202_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

He'd be thrilled to.  But I agree with him.  Now that models shifted back east some this morning...this is not a NE storm at all.  Was fun to fantasize and speculate for a day/few hours.  But I wouldn't be hoping this comes back west "Enough."       

We had our brush with tropical back on August 5th....that should do it for another decade or so. 

We still have October =)

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Nothing's impossible and it is 2020 but this is a dose of reality. 

track_new_eng.gif

Exactly 

3 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Nothing's impossible and it is 2020 but this is a dose of reality. 

track_new_eng.gif

And then came that one event.. thinking how I should tell my grandkids  someday about Teddy :)