• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

More over the top heat?  It'll get hot everywhere but holy sh*t at some of these progs way up north in Canada.

It's got like multiple days of 2-M temps in the mid-90s even at the very top of this graphic.

Just a full on Canadian blow torch coming up.  All the while, every day for the next 7-10 days the entire southeastern United States is shown as below normal 850mb and 2-m temps.

gfs_T850_eus_20.thumb.png.0fcc7cee5efd12a5210397de8a35ed4b.png

gfs_T850a_eus_20.thumb.png.86b2fab8169b20643b91e515bc3855fa.png

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Friday was warm and dry for my area and it was pretty comfortable..even at 87..w a breeze . I’ll take that 

WNW flow heat is the way to go in the over-the-top regimes.  Get that afternoon well mixed heat with a breeze and low dews.  Out hot days up north have been like that... you get that high of 87F but it's 52F in the morning with low dews.

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Never ceases to amaze how the mention of heat, hot summer or dews just sets off a few posters and the nastiness then ensues. Reminds me of rioting and burning your own city down. Fascinating and disturbing . Carry on 

Pretty idiotic to make that comparison. Ignorant actually. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Anyway...way more sun than I expected today. Up to 67F after mid 40s for a low due to cloud cover overnight.

Looks like summer is settling in after this cold snap. Hopefully we can get some convective luck over the weekend.

I’m amazed at how warm it feels today despite it being south of 70...

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Sunrises start getting later after tomorrow. :(

It is sad once the days start getting shorter.  I love the late daylight but I also find we eat dinner so late because of it.  In January it’s like 6pm rolls around time for dinner, sun’s been down since 4:30.... now we eat at like 8:30 or 9pm even.  Terrible to go to sleep with a full stomach but right now there’s some light until 9:15pm (civil twilight or whatever it’s called).  I’ve got this mental block eating dinner in like the middle of the day type lighting at 6pm.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

Well you trivialized arguably the most important national problem that must be faced but carry on....

Trivialized? Please . This isn’t the place for that discussion.

At any rate, amazing how hot the June sun feels even with temps in the 70’s. Tip has disappeared. Can’t blame him after the last few days in this place . Looking forward to big heat and dews later this week and weekend 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

55 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It is sad once the days start getting shorter.  I love the late daylight but I also find we eat dinner so late because of it.  In January it’s like 6pm rolls around time for dinner, sun’s been down since 4:30.... now we eat at like 8:30 or 9pm even.  Terrible to go to sleep with a full stomach but right now there’s some light until 9:15pm (civil twilight or whatever it’s called).  I’ve got this mental block eating dinner in like the middle of the day type lighting at 6pm.  

In other cultures the heavy/main meal is the middle meal with a two hour break for rest and relaxation beginning around 1300. A late meal, if taken, is generally light. If we did that here, work truant officers would have to be sent out to get us all back. As always ....

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, rclab said:

In other cultures the heavy/main meal is the middle meal with a two hour break for rest and relaxation beginning around 1300. A late meal, if taken, is generally light. If we did that here, work truant officers would have to be sent out to get us all back. As always ....

Yeah it makes sense to do it in the middle of the day.  I just find with the added daylight the time sneaks up on you fast.  You can start a hike to the summits at 5pm with no problem and be down by 8pm with an hour of light left.  Folks are starting 18 holes at like 4-4:30 and getting in with light to spare.  Or you are out in the garden, playing with the dog, etc and all the sudden it’s 8pm and haven’t started making dinner.  

I love the long daylight, I wish we could have it in the winter too, ha.  The day seems so much longer.

• Like 1