Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Interesting, my BOX forecast is for 82F on Saturday and Sunday currently.

Euro is +18 at 850. If we don't have a violent back door, probably 90+ for sure. Either way...a nice stretch of summer coming up it seems. All set with this 60s crap.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro is +18 at 850. If we don't have a violent back door, probably 90+ for sure. Either way...a nice stretch of summer coming up it seems. All set with this 60s crap.

90s can shove it....much rather have 68 than 90-95.

I'll be ok with 80-85 though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

High and dry for the foreseeable future?

Looks like it.  Sandy River at 190 cfs, 25th percentile 310, record low 131 so it's probably about 10th percentile.  22 years ago the flow was 22,900.

Odd question - anyone else having an abnormally high number of bird strikes on their windows?  It's probably 5X the usual this month, a lot on the north side of the house where we're still putting out suet for the woodpeckers (and the hogging blue jays) but also on east and south sides.  Haven't had any that failed to fly away, yet.

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Looks like it.  Sandy River at 190 cfs, 25th percentile 310, record low 131 so it's probably about 10th percentile.  22 years ago the flow was 22,900.

Odd question - anyone else having an abnormally high number of bird strikes on their windows?  It's probably 5X the usual this month, a lot on the north side of the house where we're still putting out suet for the woodpeckers (and the hogging blue jays) but also on east and south sides.  Haven't had any that failed to fly away, yet.

Haven't noticed even one yet and we normally average a few each warm season. Is it mostly one species? My windows always seem to take out nuthatches.

19 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Not really.   I did have one bonk the same window twice in a row back in April.   I'm typically not home so much either.

We did put in a hummingbird feeder a couiple of weeks ago and it's been friggin awesome.  They love those.  We usually do well with hummingbirds just from our flowers but I never would see them perch.

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Haven't noticed even one yet and we normally average a few each warm season. Is it mostly one species? My windows always seem to take out nuthatches.

Downy and hairy woodpeckers, various thrushes and finches.  So far the blue jays have not participated.

• Haha 1

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Not really.   I did have one bonk the same window twice in a row back in April.   I'm typically not home so much either.

We did put in a hummingbird feeder a couiple of weeks ago and it's been friggin awesome.  They love those.  We usually do well with hummingbirds just from our flowers but I never would see them perch.

Our hummingbird feeder has had a lot of activity, including one bird that comes close to sunset, which we found surprisingly late in the day.  Thought the little critters were midday feeders.  3 years ago a partridge killed itself on our picture window, a year after we had replaced the 40+ year old one, which probably would've been broken by the impact.  No damage to the new one, and our first partridge dinner in years.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We had a hummer hit the window a couple years ago and was stunned on the ground. Unfortunately a chicken got it before I could get to it. When I stopped her the eyes were poked out so I let her finish it off. Circle of life.

You raise murder chickens?