Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You tell me. Do some research. Did that 4 day period end up cool with troughiness as you and others forecast ? Please post BOS and BDL departures

Why do you believe that if you call for a heat wave (3 days of 90F+) that anyone who disagrees means it will be cool or a trough?  Not trying to be a dick, ha, it just seems like there's a disconnect there.

• Haha 1

Just now, kdxken said:

Boston missed your heatwave by 11, 10, 24 and 14 degrees. Happy?

I mean, it wasn't even excessively warm above normal... definitely averaged above but not sure I'm calling this a huge win on a heat wave torch call... it was much warmer in departures earlier in the month.  Each station had 3 of 4 days above normal for the much anticipated heat.

BOS was +2/+4/-4/+3.

BDL was -3/+6/+7/+5 (earlier in June had a +10/+10/+9 stretch).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Why do you believe that if you call for a heat wave (3 days of 90F+) that anyone who disagrees means it will be cool or a trough?  Not trying to be a dick, ha, it just seems like there's a disconnect there.

No one said that. It's as imaginary as his heatwaves and droughts.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Anyway, not sure why you'd want heat and humidity to go to the beach... so many hazards at the ocean. 

Good grief, weather.gov/safety really hitting all the hazards of the beach.  Seems downright dangerous to hit the beach based on this NOAA graphic, lol.

101322383_3851086128296593_4659012357551

Can't tell you how many times I've been caught in one of those damn tsunamis. That's why I stopped going to West Dennis Beach.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Anyway, not sure why you'd want heat and humidity to go to the beach... so many hazards at the ocean. 

Good grief, weather.gov/safety really hitting all the hazards of the beach.  Seems downright dangerous to hit the beach based on this NOAA graphic, lol.

101322383_3851086128296593_4659012357551

Yea I urge everyone to stay away. I will check the danger for them next week.

• Haha 1

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

I’ve only hit 80F 11 days since May 1st.  87F has been my high this month and 83F was my high in May.  Above normal month thru today, but by no means a torch.  Bouts of warmth with a few days of cooler wetter days are perfect.

Yeah but it hasn't been as cold and snowy like many on here predicted. You know, troughs and all...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I’ve only hit 80F 11 days since May 1st.  87F has been my high this month and 83F was my high in May.  Above normal month thru today, but by no means a torch.  Bouts of warmth with a few days of cooler wetter days are perfect.

So let me do the math, 5 + 8 divided by 16 carry the two, as best I can figure we've had no heat waves.

12 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I've been 80F or higher 9 times since just May 22nd.  Like you, 87F has been my high this month but May's high was 93F, ten degrees hotter than yours.

Given the climo differences between MVL and TAN, it's certainly been hot up here when its hot.  When it's cool though it's been cool.  I know that sounds weird but SNE seems steadier.  We've been wildly swinging from in different directions.

For example, we are +0.1 for the month.. pretty much exactly normal. 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I've been 80F or higher 9 times since just May 22nd.  Like you, 87F has been my high this month but May's high was 93F, ten degrees hotter than yours.

Given the climo differences between MVL and TAN, it's certainly been hot up here when its hot.  When it's cool though it's been cool.  I know that sounds weird but SNE seems steadier.  We've been wildly swinging from in different directions.

The pattern has been weird this spring.  There has been a tendency for cutoffs to form south of here pushing any heat west and north and this upcoming modeled stretch looks the same.

• Like 1

The pattern is clearly getting to Kevin. 

It’s just not SNE’s month for big heat despite some teases in the medium range. NNE has been getting it and it looks like it goes over the top again later next week and then ensembles show troughiness moving back in.

Maybe we get some big heat in July. There’s some signs that July could be pretty hot. 

• Weenie 1

The station dews are pretty interesting... sharp gradient of low-60s in SE Mass with 40s from the Pike northward and even 30s as you get you get into S/C VT and NH.  It's almost like a coastal front in SE Mass in a snowstorm... low 30s and pasted, while it's in the teens with dry powder not very far north.

June_12_9pm.gif.ed2200c15453b3501a856532a04ed909.gif

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Last light this evening.

You're about to see that view with some June rime if the modeled temps occur...and soundings have some cloud producing moisture in that upper mountain level.  Looking at that northern slope of the Presidential's across the way, you will see some awesome rimed white views from your location.  Heaviest/most visible riming is often on that northern/western facing terrain, as that's the direction moisture moves in during most cold air advection regimes.

• Like 2