Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday, May 9, 2020 Fun

weatherwiz

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wide open looking for the Windsexyness

yeah let's not overlook Saturday afternoon...which was actually the original purpose of the thread before the snow threat evolved :lol: 

Too be honest more people could see some sort of frozen throughout the day Saturday then Friday night. 

44 minutes ago, Amped said:

All models have trended further east and less amplified with the northern stream. That is what it causing the later phase.  This was similar to 2010 when models miraculously brought the storm back .

Not the likely scenario, but still worth watching 18z and 00z  in case somehow the NS trends back west again. 

Se graze is now about 60/40 

nam is tracking ENE  out to sea and 1000mb 

even Kev Will realize this is trending  weak and east 

30 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's actually more anomalous from a meteorological standpoint to have this in May.

My average temp for May 9 is 50 (63/37) and for the month of January it's 15.  With models showing H8s below -5C, having H8s at -25C (Maybe the -30s due to winter's generally greater anomalies) with long nights and calm air, my frost pocket site might be on the cold side of -40.  Fake cold for sure, but tell that to a car battery.

Nice little anecdote about the 2002 event (does not mention the timing)

From the Worcester Telegram

On May 18, 2002, northern Worcester County saw a small amount of heavy, wet snow. The only official National Weather Service report of that storm was from Ashburnham, where a weather spotter recorded 2.5 inches. There was an unofficial report of 4 inches in Templeton, and heavy snow collapsed tents at the Henshaw Farm - where 20 Confederate and 40 Union Civil War re-enactors fought the battle of the day with snowballs.

12 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nice little anecdote about the 2002 event (does not mention the timing)

From the Worcester Telegram

On May 18, 2002, northern Worcester County saw a small amount of heavy, wet snow. The only official National Weather Service report of that storm was from Ashburnham, where a weather spotter recorded 2.5 inches. There was an unofficial report of 4 inches in Templeton, and heavy snow collapsed tents at the Henshaw Farm - where 20 Confederate and 40 Union Civil War re-enactors fought the battle of the day with snowballs.

8” in Lunenburg? 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I thought it was snowing during the evening as well.  

Nah it was long over by then.  

I’m not sure what event Dr Dews was thinking of but maybe 4/25/02. There were some snow late evening but it was after 10pm I think. 

2 minutes ago, Amped said:

It caved quite a bit at 500mb and with the surface  low track and intensity.

Tip’s fast flow doing it’s damage?  
Maybe we will lose the upper level race track by winter 2023. 

Still holding out for a pretty dynamic system so we can lay down a coating.  I don’t really want to stay up after midnight tomorrow night just to watch the raindrops get colder and fatter.