Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday, May 9, 2020 Fun

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, JoshSnow said:

Nam is a terrible model now it grazes the coast. Maine doesn’t even get precipitation. If this southeast trend continues nobody is going to get anything 

In the event of a relative whiff ...Ukie caught on first ...nam caught along earlier today 

so how long does it take for the good models to 

43 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

At least Saturday afternoon is still in the cards...going to be numerous squalls with grauple and strong winds. Going to feel like December out there 

That may be the best chance.  Really starting to lose confidence in the weak CCB.

Those squalls are nasty.   Insane lapse rates, and plenty of dry air at 900mb.   Perfect ingredients for the squalls making their own cold air. GFS showing 500 SBCAPE with temps in the 30s to low 40s.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looked a little weaker. Slowly getting the idea.

It was fun while it lasted

20 minutes ago, Amped said:

That may be the best chance.  Really starting to lose confidence in the weak CCB.

Those squalls are nasty.   Insane lapse rates, and plenty of dry air at 900mb.   Perfect ingredients for the squalls making their own cold air. GFS showing 500 SBCAPE with temps in the 30s to low 40s.

Yeah Saturday afternoon it going to be winter-like...cold temperatures, gusty winds, squalls...it's going to be a pretty crazy day

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nah it was long over by then.  

I’m not sure what event Dr Dews was thinking of but maybe 4/25/02. There were some snow late evening but it was after 10pm I think. 

He's not sure what he's thinking about either.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nice little anecdote about the 2002 event (does not mention the timing)

From the Worcester Telegram

On May 18, 2002, northern Worcester County saw a small amount of heavy, wet snow. The only official National Weather Service report of that storm was from Ashburnham, where a weather spotter recorded 2.5 inches. There was an unofficial report of 4 inches in Templeton, and heavy snow collapsed tents at the Henshaw Farm - where 20 Confederate and 40 Union Civil War re-enactors fought the battle of the day with snowballs.

Tonight I gotta get out the external hard drive and find my May 18, 2002 photos from Albany... we got 2.5” at home.  I still remember waking up and looking outside and being like no fukkin way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Tonight I gotta get out the external hard drive and find my May 18, 2002 photos from Albany... we got 2.5” at home.  I still remember waking up and looking outside and being like no fukkin way.

I am just a couple of miles from the Templeton border.  My unclear memory is 3" here.  That is the latest I have ever seen accumulating snow.

I doubt I have pics from then,

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nah it was long over by then.  

I’m not sure what event Dr Dews was thinking of but maybe 4/25/02. There were some snow late evening but it was after 10pm I think. 

Maybe that one. class was 6-10pm and it was snowing good when I left, already 1-2" fell though. 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I am just a couple of miles from the Templeton border.  My unclear memory is 3" here.  That is the latest I have ever seen accumulating snow.

I doubt I have pics from then,

5-8” in the Catskills towns and 8” in Woodford, VT near Mitch’s hood were the jacks.  Pretty anomalous system for sure, ha.

2FF8BE5D-8C45-4E48-A7B1-3579B27D58AD.jpeg.49feb27f893cc6c9394ea659649236cf.jpeg

• Like 1