Total Members
    Most Online
    NWAflizzard
    Newest Member
    NWAflizzard

May Discobs 2020

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Are you guys canning yet?

Yep, we can like crazy now on our little canning machine and sell those to go (along with growler fills) on Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons.

• Like 1

Just now, jonjon said:

Yep, we can like crazy now on our little canning machine and sell those to go (along with growler fills) on Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons.

Is a list of canned products available online? Might have to make a day trip.

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is a list of canned products available online? Might have to make a day trip.

I think my wife updates what is for sale on Facebook (not sure though).

But since the pub isn't open we pretty much can a good amount of every beer we have until it runs out.  We will be canning Holy Citra!, Big Boy Pants, Multiple Hopgasms, Sassy Mojo, Cave Dweller, Bewildered Hippie this week for sure (a couple of those might not be available for our Wednesday sale, but certainly by Saturday).  We'll have a little bit of our fruited kettle sours (Smooth Eez -- we have a blackberry/cranberry and a blueberry strawberry) but those have been real popular and I think we're down to our last keg or so of each so those may be gone.  We also have some cans of our Big Barrel Pants (pale ale aged in Buffalo Trace barrels) and maybe even some of our Victor Trace (Russian Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace barrels -- although those might not quite make this week's list).

We're hoping we'll be open in a few weeks, not much Covid out here.  But I imagine we will keep canning like we are now as we anticipate a huge amount of take out orders even when the pub is technically back open.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I think my wife updates what is for sale on Facebook (not sure though).

But since the pub isn't open we pretty much can a good amount of every beer we have until it runs out.  We will be canning Holy Citra!, Big Boy Pants, Multiple Hopgasms, Sassy Mojo, Cave Dweller, Bewildered Hippie this week for sure (a couple of those might not be available for our Wednesday sale, but certainly by Saturday).  We'll have a little bit of our fruited kettle sours (Smooth Eez -- we have a blackberry/cranberry and a blueberry strawberry) but those have been real popular and I think we're down to our last keg or so of each so those may be gone.  We also have some cans of our Big Barrel Pants (pale ale aged in Buffalo Trace barrels) and maybe even some of our Victor Trace (Russian Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace barrels -- although those might not quite make this week's list).

We're hoping we'll be open in a few weeks, not much Covid out here.  But I imagine we will keep canning like we are now as we anticipate a huge amount of take out orders even when the pub is technically back open.

Awesome. Thanks for the replies. We can’t get up there before Saturday so I’ll have my gf check out the Facebook page. Hopefully there will be some sours left.

Obligatory obs post. Windy

10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Awesome. Thanks for the replies. We can’t get up there before Saturday so I’ll have my gf check out the Facebook page. Hopefully there will be some sours left.

Obligatory obs post. Windy

Looks like we have snow chances on both Wednesday and Saturday.  So if you come, dress warmly.

We probably won't have the sours in cans left, but should have some still available for growler fills.  So consider bringing a growler in case you want something that is not on the can list.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Looks like we have snow chances on both Wednesday and Saturday.  So if you come, dress warmly.

We probably won't have the sours in cans left, but should have some still available for growler fills.  So consider bringing a growler in case you want something that is not on the can list.

Snow chances make the trip all the more likely. And thanks for the growler tip. We have a bunch of empties here.

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

For all the doom and gloom, we pulled out three pretty nice days from Sat-Mon.  But yes, tomorrow and Wednesday look awful.

edit - record low max at DCA is 50 on Wednesday

Yes, last 3 have been nice for sure

Hard to complain about a generally cool and wet pattern with some super nice sunny, mild days mixed in this time of year. If you don't want to go straight to warm and humid subtropical grossness, then this is the deal. Keep it going. Perpetual 85-95 and humid, with barely any rain, is coming soon enough.

• Like 2

LWX AFD mentions frost/freeze headlines possible Friday night through Sunday night... as well as temperatures being 10 to 15 degrees below normal in the extended period 

On 5/2/2020 at 6:12 PM, Amped said:

18z GFS is close to something but it  gets crushed by the PV.  A very odd problem to have in May

Looks like models abandon the idea of crushing the southern stream with the PV day 4-5. I thought I was losing my mind there for a while..

Now looks like a phase,. Rain and wind, with some pretty insane windchills for May.

20 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I know there wont be any frost or freeze in my yard. No way. :yikes:

Freeze Warning, in your future, see I do, yes yes ;)

Looks like highs in the 40s here tomorrow and Saturday and possibly Friday along with most likely frost and freezes Friday night and Saturday night.  Jon Jon should see May snow :snowing:

• Sad 1

Just now, MN Transplant said:

And in a truly shocking twist, the NAM sucks.

Ha!  A high temp 24hours in advance is what it should be good at!

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks like highs in the 40s here tomorrow and Saturday and possibly Friday along with most likely frost and freezes Friday night and Saturday night.  Jon Jon should see May snow :snowing:

Forecasted high of 49 tomorrow in Smithsburg. Thats just rediculous for May lol

We got highs barely above 50F tomorrow and Saturday, over 20F below norms for this time of year due to an exhausted cold supply up north.

The strong seasonal and late season PV combined with the holly grail for cold, - AO, - NAO and a  rising + PNA leads to this

Saturday looks downright blustery, with cold air filtering into
the area with a strong northwest wind. Guidance is rather
concerning for this time frame, with model soundings showing
very deep mixing (likely above the 800-mb pressure level). Such
mixing would promote advisory-level winds across the area, and
likely some additional showers (at least in the northern CWA).
For now, kept mention of showers to areas near/north of I-80 but
would not be surprised to see some showers spread farther
south. Some snow showers may continue in the Poconos, especially
in the morning. Highs are expected to be around 20 degrees
below seasonal averages, with lows on Saturday night likely
reaching the freezing mark or lower in the Poconos and possibly
the Lehigh Valley (with winds possibly keeping things from
tanking to the freezing mark elsewhere).

Sunday looks only somewhat better, with winds diminishing to a
degree and temperatures a few degrees warmer. Nevertheless, it
will likely be breezy again, with highs about 10-15 degrees
below seasonal averages.

A weak system looks to affect the region early next week, but
models vary somewhat on timing and intensity. Have slight-chance
to chance PoPs Sunday night through Monday night given the
lingering uncertainty. With continued large-scale troughing
across the area in a rather blocky upper-level pattern, expect
temperatures to continue to be well below climatology.

ao.sprd2.gif

nao.sprd2.gif

pna.sprd2.gif

We all knew this was going to happen when we were blowing through Dec-Feb with well above normal temps.  Just for fun, take your seven-day forecast and subtract 30 degrees to see what this pattern would have done in mid-winter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, peribonca said:

Garrett county and the West Virginia mountains may get into some really good snows Friday/Saturday

I wonder if they have 'leafed out' there. The peaks here 3500 and up are still pretty bare....

6 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I wonder if they have 'leafed out' there. The peaks here 3500 and up are still pretty bare....

They aren’t. Was up there this weekend. Still looks like February.

6 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

56.  No rain.  High clouds.  A normal Christmas Day around DC.

It might be just a tad bit cool for Christmas, actually. But we'll see. We may still warm up a few degrees.

56F at IAD right now as well.

Well, the rain has stopped, just windy, damp and 46.3 degrees now. I'll have to take a look at records to see if I am in line for a 'cool max' temp. High was the 7 am reading of 49.8, been falling since.

EDIT- well if it doesn't go up then I will, but barely. Current 'cool max' was set in 2016 at 50.2 degrees, that broke 2003's 52.0. We shall see......

2 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Barely any leaves out here.  Once I crossed into Garrett County from Frostburg on Sunday it was a noticeable difference.