• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM

May Discobs 2020

Looks like a general 1/2 to 1 inch of rain, maybe a bit more in a few locations, over the next couple days.

Hopefully it doesn't disintegrate. Right on the edge of getting very dry over here. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like a general 1/2 to 1 inch of rain, maybe a bit more in a few locations, over the next couple days.

Hopefully it doesn't disintegrate. Right on the edge of getting very dry over here. 

The 6z gfs would make me sad.

DD0ECDF3-2CFC-4153-BA2C-7BE0159E2730.jpeg.574852b68c8cce25c156c3685a308079.jpeg

• Sad 1

Another 1.01 in the gauge this morning, bringing event total to 2.70 inches. And I am FINE with that, because in Roanoke area and just south they are closing in on double digit totals....NUTS!! It actually warmed here a bit overnight, currently 50.4/49.5 and the rain continues with an E wind at 8 mph. The 50.4 is another 'cool max' record, breaking 2002's 54 reading, the 1.01 is a new daily rainfall record, beating 2016's 0.63 inches. If I'd stayed in 40's it would have been my 2nd latest high below 50 degrees this late into the season.....oh well. Hope all along the rivers and creeks stay safe, especially those a bit south of me!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Another 1.01 in the gauge this morning, bringing event total to 2.70 inches. And I am FINE with that, because in Roanoke area and just south they are closing in on double digit totals....NUTS!! It actually warmed here a bit overnight, currently 50.4/49.5 and the rain continues with an E wind at 8 mph. The 50.4 is another 'cool max' record, breaking 2002's 54 reading, the 1.01 is a new daily rainfall record, beating 2016's 0.63 inches. If I'd stayed in 40's it would have been my 2nd latest high below 50 degrees this late into the season.....oh well. Hope all along the rivers and creeks stay safe, especially those a bit south of me!!

Only have had .82 in my gauge for the entire month a couple miles from Afton eastern Augusta county..

Weather has been pretty boring locally for the most part. This cool weather is VERY refreshing - you just know the 90+ temps and 70 degree dewpoints have to come at some point. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Only have had .82 in my gauge for the entire month a couple miles from Afton eastern Augusta county..

Crazy. I am at 3.62 for the month now, and I missed the heavy rains that fell in very northern Alleghany and Bath county on 17th by just a couple miles. I had 0.04, they got 2-4 inches in like 3 hours.

Right on cue, the last week of may looks like mid 80s starting Wed-Sat then cooling slightly into the upper 70s. Humidity very high too with the chance of scattered showers. What would be May without a direct transition into early summer conditions, after being in early spring for the past 5 months

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Right on cue, the last week of may looks like mid 80s starting Wed-Sat then cooling slightly into the upper 70s. Humidity very high too with the chance of scattered showers. What would be May without a direct transition into early summer conditions, after being in early spring for the past 5 months

That’s what this week looked like about 10 days ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

That’s what this week looked like about 10 days ago

This may actually verify. Forgive me if these are my famous last words

Just now, JakkelWx said:

This may actually verify. Forgive me if these are my famous last words

Those may verify next week, but that image was a 10 day forecast starting around May 11 if I’m not mistaken.

• Like 1

Another Perfect day working on the job.  Barely a sweat pulling wire all day :D

60s and 70s through next Wednesday... sounds great imo.

@Mrs.Jwould be jealous of the massive new horse barn and indoor ring I'm working at:) Probably 30-40 horses here near Westminster .

• Like 1

Nam looks like weak sauce tomorrow for rain chances . I thought it be a rainy day . I might be able to take the GN for a cruise in the afternoon if the 12k is right :scooter:

43 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Another Perfect day working on the job.  Barely a sweat pulling wire all day :D

60s and 70s through next Wednesday... sounds great imo.

@Mrs.Jwould be jealous of the massive new horse barn and indoor ring I'm working at:) Probably 30-40 horses here near Westminster .

It really is boring weather though lol

1 minute ago, jewell2188 said:

I'm always up for a tracking threat but I'll take a partly cloudy 70 degrees while I wait :D

17 minutes ago, jewell2188 said:

May through August is pretty boring around here until we can track something tropical.  Maybe we get a derecho line like we had several years ago.  That was fun.  

67 here.

The blocking pattern is finally breaking down. Somewhat warmer and more humid air mass is moving in for late tonight and tomorrow.

We shall see how the rain chances play out. I expect it will be underwhelming for many, given the upper low is in a much weakened state, and any surface low pressure that may move up along the coast also looks to be weak.

Just got to Deep Creek. 52 with light rain.  Trees only about 50% leafed out.  Monday looks great here to hang out on the deck and go for a hike — low 70s and partly cloudy.

• Like 3

it's almost horse flies and no-see-ums season. I can ride my bike on a sweaty summer evening down the road these no-see-ums form clouds of hundreds in a concentrated spot and whack you in the face. disgusting feeling.

54 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

0.23” so far. I’d be pretty happy to eke out another half inch.

Going to be a lot of widely scattered showers with this, and there is also a chance of some thunderstorms, mainly tomorrow. Some places should do very well, others not so much.
There was a nice round of moderate showers moving through here early this morning. I left as it was ongoing. There was 0.15" in the bucket when I left. I would be happy to see a half inch total through tomorrow.