• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WIanBW
    Newest Member
    WIanBW

May Discobs 2020

BWI missed the record by 1F this morning. Seems in general this morning was a bit warmer than progged throughout the northeast.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

3k gets nw areas below freezing before midnight then winds increase after 2am or so capping the drop it appears. 

Currently 35/22

My low was 35.1 at about 2am.  

Third record to fall this am. Yesterday's 30.5 broke 1980's 31 mark, the high then was 50.8, shattering the 55 degree cool max mark set in 1989. The low this am was 29.4, beating 1983's 30 degree reading.

• Like 1

I thought we were really going to tank when Gaithersburg airport was already down to 31 just before midnight, but it held pretty much steady after that.  That is a low spot and reports colder than most surrounding areas.  I got down to 32.

Looking forward to a nice afternoon!  Grilling steaks for the wife.

• Like 2

I guess tracking season is now over for real.  But we took it to May.  Not too shabby.  This upcoming winter is our winter..I can feel it!

• Like 2

Beautiful day in store today even if I wish it were a few degrees warmer.  Sitting out on the patio enjoying my coffee.  Up to 51 currently but feels great in the sun.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I guess tracking season is now over for real.  But we took it to May.  Not too shabby.  This upcoming winter is our winter..I can feel it!

But hey we can still track 90+ heat with 75 dewpoints. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stormpc said:

How do you like the new house/neighborhood??

The weather markedly different here, I can tell you that.

I'm still at a out 50% leafage here.  Winchester has looked like summer weeks ago.  Kinda weird.  I'm only about 250 ft higher but it's just quite different.

Rains a lot more out here.  But its windy AF.

• Thanks 1

Temp started rising here after midnight. I hit 34 before bed at 11:30 pm. It went up from there lol. M+T nights look to hit down in the mid thirties .

More snow for JonJon tonight :snowing:

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Temp started rising here after midnight. I hit 34 before bed at 11:30 pm. It went up from there lol. M+T nights look to hit down in the mid thirties .

HRRR did well with predicting a non freeze for most as for the most part everyone wound up warmer than forecasted. 

21 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

34 this morning(just after midnight), 35 yesterday morning.

Didn't have to cover any of the tender plants. ^_^

1 hour ago, DCTeacherman said:

Indeed.  We will over perform on that. BECH...Biblical East Coast Heatwave.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

BAMWX going gung ho in regards to the warmer pattern setting up

There’s no question about it. It’s a pretty easy assumption with what the data is showing plus climatology 

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

There’s no question about it. It’s a pretty easy assumption with what the data is showing plus climatology 

Never any hand wringing over heat in this region. It will arrive, and it will be perpetual.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Never any hand wringing over heat in this region. It will arrive, and it will be perpetual.

I’ve been telling people to make sure they have their pool open by Friday lol. So long as showers mainly stay away, there’s no reason areas that are a bit away from the water will attain 80+ all 3 days fri sat and sun. 

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

34 this morning(just after midnight), 35 yesterday morning.

Didn't have to cover any of the tender plants. ^_^

Lol...yea. 

Actually looks like some areas radiated very well and many areas had possibly a light wind pick up after midnight. 

32 here Friday night 

Yesterdays 43 high has to be a alltime record I'd think .

34 with some light patchy frost...thrilled it was milder than forecast.  Pushing 60...beautiful day.

• Like 1

Of course we go right into summer from the 5 months of March we just had. @BristowWx I'm saving that term lol. I love it. BECH all the way from May 15 to October 15 game on

• Haha 4

Reached 32°F at RIC this morning, this is the 2nd latest freeze on record. The latest occurred only a day later, on 5/11 back in 1966. The all time May low record is 31°F set on 5/9/1956. This is the first time RIC reached freezing in the month of May since 1986.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

24F for the low here at 5:30 AM.  Just incredible.  

God damn are your trees still alive? Good luck with that.

3 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

2 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Indeed.  We will over perform on that. BECH...Biblical East Coast Heatwave.  

2 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Of course we go right into summer from the 5 months of March we just had. @BristowWx I'm saving that term lol. I love it. BECH all the way from May 15 to October 15 game on

Let us be near the northern/northeastern periphery of the biblical heat and humidity with a 750-400mb WNW flow of at least 50-60+kts, MLCAPE of at least 5,000 J/kg, DCAPE AOA 1500 J/kg, and steep mid-level lapse rates. Then come August through October let us be near the west-end of a monster Bermuda High with an Ohio Valley trough stuck to our west so some fun spinny cloud masses will train up the eastern seaboard.

Then it will REALLY be "Game On". 

• Haha 2