Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discobs 2020

George BM

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Your wish of mostly cloudy and spots of drizzle all week :ph34r:might be coming true . You can easily see the subsidence area on the 6z Euro over us. A close approach but non hit with the Atlantic low combined with the ull tracking and setting up  further and further sw =  A almost non event here for decent qpf . 6z Eps is a hodgepodge of solutions atm . Total misses to significant deluges lol

Not really my wish- I am always in for an interesting weather period, and  I don't really mind wet and cool for a few days, given what lies just ahead. Starting around this time of year my soil dries out real quick if it doesn't rain for a week. But yeah I have seen the possibility for an "in between" scenario, and it seems to becoming more prevalent on guidance in some recent runs.

38 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Beautiful here in the 70s all day.  Yea...I was obviously just messin with you on the rain next week :whistle:. I think if the 500mb low sets up in western Tennessee, sw Kentucky like the Euro depicts we will be too far removed from any moisture transport.  Still uncertainty though 

As depicted its a closed upper low that is becoming cut off, possibly becoming nearly stationary. Those generally weaken as the low becomes stacked and more detached from the strong thermal boundaries, and the upper level divergence weakens. The longer it sits and spins SW of us, the lower the chance of seeing more than some bouts of showers on the NE side. But yes, still some uncertainty with multiple pieces of energy- one of (sub)tropical origin- and an expansive ridge up top.

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Latest Euro continues the trend of cutting off the ull too far sw combined with continued strengthening  in high pressure  to our northeast.  Makes for partly cloudy all week at Cape's yard :lol:and light stuff along i95.  Western parts of  Va and sw Va could be where the deluge sets up in the end. 

I personally would lean towards the Euro at this point but that does not mean it will be the end all be all result.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Latest Euro continues the trend of cutting off the ull too far sw combined with continued strengthening  in high pressure  to our northeast.  Makes for partly cloudy all week at Cape's yard :lol:and light stuff along i95.  Western parts of  Va and sw Va could be where the deluge sets up in the end. 

Pretty much the outcome I expected lol.

I watered yesterday, and I will be probably watering again on Monday or Tuesday..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

By late tomorrow I think we'll see where this thing is going to set up most likely. Yes ...I'd lean towards the op Euro for sure inside day 3/4 . Final solution probably lies nearest to it . That said....a 75 - 100 mile shift ne in that cutoff local could bring a few inches of qpf closer towards places like DC, Frederick,  Westminster 

If the Euro ensmebles/EPS is vastly different then the OP that is a red flag but I don't expect them to be. With that said, I wouldn't say the Euro has been steller in accuracy lately either since it has also wavered a bit on where the heaviest rainfall amounts set up. But its seems to be pretty solid now over the last 2-3 runs so we'll see.

21 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’m gonna go with a forecast for Sunday through Saturday of partly to mostly cloudy, chance of rain, highs from 60-75.

I can tell you that I just nailed that forecast. You don’t even need to look at any models.

I know you’re semi-kidding, but I am with you. One nice drenching early in the week and then partly sunny with periods of showers. It would be nice to see tropical clouds without tropical temperatures.

57 minutes ago, nj2va said:

10/10 today. Way better than 62 and cloudy. 

Its gotten nicer here this afternoon. 82 but the dew points have dropped- down to 55 now. 

I'll give it an 8.5/10 tho. Remember I am intrinsically a cold and bitter person. :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Still hot’ish here. My girl said she wants to hold this temp for the summer. I want 5-10 degrees cooler.

The thermometer here says 81.

eta: got the plants in the garden, mowed, and now drinking mojitos with mint from the mint bed.

Perfect weather for mojitos, esp with fresh mint!

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic