• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WIanBW
    Newest Member
    WIanBW

May Discobs 2020

Light rain.  Temp down from an earlier "high" of 46 to currently at 44.  

Expecting a coating here later tonight -- higher elevations over 3500 (Davis, etc) should get 1-2" I'd say.

• Like 3

Currently 49 with some light rain. I wonder if we hit upper 50s like most guidance suggest.  I'm thinking no . I still think there's a chance of seeing a few mangled wet flakes late this evening up here . Freeze watches for all weekend. 

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Light rain.  Temp down from an earlier "high" of 46 to currently at 44.  

Expecting a coating here later tonight -- higher elevations over 3500 (Davis, etc) should get 1-2" I'd say.

Driving up to Canaan tonight for the weekend.  Usually i go this time of the year for some mountain golf.  But a May snow chase is nice too!

• Like 1

Sorry to ask what might be a dumb question, but is this the last of the colder weather we are bound to see until the fall? Just curious. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, UIWWildthing said:

Sorry to ask what might be a dumb question, but is this the last of the colder weather we are bound to see until the fall? Just curious. 

Yes and maybe until next December. The law of averages ensures there will be long-lasting heat.

3 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

Yes and maybe until next December. The law of averages ensures there will be long-lasting heat.

Our climo ensures it lol.

3 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

Now two factors working against you. Welcome to the broiler.

As much as you rant about global warming you certainly aren’t averse to giving off hot air! 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UIWWildthing said:

Seems we finally flip the switch on this pattern towards the end of next week. 00z Euro had low 70s next Thursday and upper 70s next Friday in DC.  

• Like 2

3knam looks a bit more interesting later for wet snow chances across counties  along the M/D line . Mesos were backing off past day or so but maybe its happening lol. :weenie:

Hrrr and nam have been running a bit warm at surface verifying up here . They have been showing 54-56 here but I've been around 50-51 all afternoon. 

Also, most of the CAMs have a forced line of heavy showers rolling through on the front around 8pm.    If that's right, should be a nice, gusty downpour.

Light rain and 55.  The 6-10 day and 8-14 day outlooks are looking good!  70s and some low 80s FINALLY.

So, while we are freezing tomorrow, here is the weekend forecast for Fairbanks, AK:

Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 73. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. East wind around 5 mph becoming north in the evening.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
  • Like 1

Soaking rain here now at 49 degrees.  The airport hit 53 earlier this afternoon, missing today's low max record by 2 degrees.  My high was 51.

17 minutes ago, peribonca said:

Changing to snow at deep creek lake right now

Was just about to say the same!  Are you here this weekend?  Temp down to  35.9 with wet snow mixing in with the rain under heavier echoes.  

22 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Soaking rain here now at 49 degrees.  The airport hit 53 earlier this afternoon, missing today's low max record by 2 degrees.  My high was 51.

Having a high within a few degrees of the record low max temperature for the day while still ahead of a cold front is not something you see very often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, high risk said:

Also, most of the CAMs have a forced line of heavy showers rolling through on the front around 8pm.    If that's right, should be a nice, gusty downpour.

Like clockwork, heavy precip showing up along the I-81 corridor.

1 hour ago, high risk said:

Looks like this may come to fruition. Pretty good cell coming out of the Martinsburg area.

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

58, light rain. What time does my snow start??:snowman:

See you on the sledding hill around 1 am? :lol:

Had plenty of thunder and lightning with that line... Gusty winds and pouring rain. All at 48 degrees.

. 58" today so far

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk