• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

I can't say enough ... that ridge position/axis being roughly over the western Dakotas makes an east pass unclimatologically sound ...

The ridge in the blend/means/trend is actually really rather perfect for these amplifying OV things to drive a realization closer/SE of ACK ... It's a wonder, if the flow velocity issues are trying to pull/stretch this east of numerical suggestion... because that foisting thing when the ridge is still back west like that is ... 

It can happen... I mean anomalies relative to anomalies happen..but, seeing as 100 hours is still time to correct things, I'm not sure this is over just yet. I don't care either way though - if it misses...it misses.  If the n/stream turns out utterly over assess up to this point ...than we're out either way. 

• Thanks 1

You’d think with this setup we’d at least be seeing some model fodder with some massive solutions crushing the area, and we just aren’t really seeing that across any of these model suites.

Just close enough to keep em interested until the rug gets pulled a few days from now. The final screw job of winter 19-20 :lol:

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's interesting if one is a tedious morphology follower across cycles tho - 

the cyclonic pressure pattern is opening up and expanding farther NW around 100 hours, but the centroid low is kept way out there... Filling in QPF too; I still don't think we are "not what you want to see" mode quite yet ...Considering the source for these wave spaces, there's room to fiddle with this and it won't take much at all to get this where folks want it.. 

well, if they "want" something reasonable that is ..haha

Yeah I wasn't writing it off at this time lead...that's for the weenies in here to do....but I'd rather see that ridge not trend flatter. "Trend" might be the wrong word here since it had been actually trending more amped for several runs before regressing a bit for one run here....one run does not a trend make....but we sometimes use the word interchangeably for dprog/dt.

Southern vort conserved better and was slower, which is a good thing.

I agree with you that there is certainly room for this to end up as a very high impact event....it doesn;t have to miss east. We have some classic features such as a climatologically favored ridge placement and the northern vort trying to dive in and capture that southern entity...those are features that many higher end events had.

13 minutes ago, Hazey said:

This will probably end up being a Nick special. Likely to snub the rest of us. 

Back to Covid 19 tracking. More riveting 

Its developing too early to be a nick special. The storms that develop near hse usually need substantial blocking to hit here properly from what I've noticed.

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I wasn't writing it off at this time lead...that's for the weenies in here to do....but I'd rather see that ridge not trend flatter. "Trend" might be the wrong word here since it had been actually trending more amped for several runs before regressing a bit for one run here....one run does not a trend make....but we sometimes use the word interchangeably for dprog/dt.

Southern vort conserved better and was slower, which is a good thing.

I agree with you that there is certainly room for this to end up as a very high impact event....it doesn;t have to miss east. We have some classic features such as a climatologically favored ridge placement and the northern vort trying to dive in and capture that southern entity...those are features that many higher end events had.

I wouldn't be surprised to continue seeing the southern vort trend slower. A lot of these southern stream systems this winter have typically ended up becoming slower in nature as opposed to more progressive. Noticed that alot with many of these rain/convective events in the south this winter. 

Hopefully though we'll get a better handle on the western ridge over the next 24-hours. Not sure though if it should be a bit concerning to see 12z begin to go towards a flatter ridge but tough to say. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Well, I’d like something to show something other than a close whiff... doesn’t have to be a jackpot run... but something other than what we’re seeing.

Well it's not really a whiff for SE MA....probably several inches of snow.