Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

Is that rollover issue a subtle nuance in the flow that can be overcome or are we just in store for another tease?  

Sure it could be overcome...but it's not something that's a good development. It's the fast flow up north which is doing it. If the northern stream keeps trending deeper, then it will work....but that's just another thing we need now unless the ridge goes back to not folding over as much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is having that ridge "rollover" issue too...it's preventing a much better northern stream this run from bringing us a big event.

it actually looks pretty similar to the GFS regarding the southern stream at 84-hr anyways (which is good) but yeah it isn't digging as much with that north stream. I was actually wondering if the euro was faster with the southern stream based on how SLP unfolded but speed doesn't look all that different. What's funny though is I thought the Euro was a tad higher with some of the heights out west (looked like it was a bit farther north with the 552 contour but with closer inspecting there are differences in the ridge between the two. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

it actually looks pretty similar to the GFS regarding the southern stream at 84-hr anyways (which is good) but yeah it isn't digging as much with that north stream. I was actually wondering if the euro was faster with the southern stream based on how SLP unfolded but speed doesn't look all that different. What's funny though is I thought the Euro was a tad higher with some of the heights out west (looked like it was a bit farther north with the 552 contour but with closer inspecting there are differences in the ridge between the two. 

Northern stream digs more this run, but the ridge to the west rolls over the top and affects the ability to phase the southern stream....the downstream ridging ahead of the system is blunted because of that. We get spacing issues.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Northern stream digs more this run, but the ridge to the west rolls over the top and affects the ability to phase the southern stream....the downstream ridging ahead of the system is blunted because of that. We get spacing issues.

ahhh that's what you mean by ride rollover...pretty clear now to see that with this explanation. 

3 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

There's a Snowstorm Potential?  All I see is High's in the 50's for a week.  :(  And I averaged 21" the last 3 March's.  

Do Remember guys - I HAVE NOT SEEN IT SNOW AND ACCUMULATE ON THE GROUND ONCE THIS WINTER!!!!  I Repeat!!  Have NOT Seen it Snow and Accumulate.  ONCE!!  

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

What gives? Seems like you various ensemble suites have better outcomes than the OP runs. At some point, you’d expect those to link up, no?

It's still 4.5 days out...so it's not uncommon to see this. They should converge pretty quickly in the next 24-36 hours.