Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeesh... 

Well, we spoke about MOS bustin' too cold in the extended with this look today and tomorrow and well... bingo - 

74 on enough back yard stations to argue that balm over thorougfares and parking lots is real and it's 70+ ... 

Looking at the NAM thermal plumb, it almost looks like we go back to 60 F now in that post cold front mid week, too...  It's March, and we shed obscenity for just above normal - okay...

Look at the Euro and GGEM's extended from 00z and 12Z ... I get the impression that the -EPO in the foreground is real, but the seasonal change/modulation is fighting it...and that it may settle into a trough west/ridge east at first like normal...but then said modulation just sort of peters out before pan-systemic cold can do much after...  Normally, in the winter, a strong -EPO decays into a +PNA ridge... This is not winter though...not really when your nearing equinotical sun angles..  Also, the +PNA could be 'west-based' like the Euro... Basically, the -EPO causes a warm up/ridge in the east, then, ...decays...into a milder version of the same ridge ... It seems the longer operational runs are trying to do that.   

I've never seen this ... every plausible dimension of means to get colder is just being deconstructed by the modeling..  fascinating... 

Unreal, you know I always leave my snow equipment on till April 1 or so, but a day like this, I'm so tempted to start removing everything and re-arrange the shop for Spring mode, but I will hold off.....

Ball/soccer fields will be dry and usable well ahead of the 2012 Morch dates. 

I was amazed in 2012 that at the end of the month baseball was being practiced on dry fields.    This afternoon I saw people playing soccer and hitting baseballs on our town fields.  Maybe not as warm a month but darned dry

50 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Back to Luxembourg? Besseres glück in europa haha 

I don’t miss Luxembourg whatsoever but I do not like New York anymore. I’m thinking about moving somewhere where they get a tone of snow and have mild summers but dry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

First windshield and front of vehicle bug mashing windex cleanup of season . Was loaded with black mashings and some big bees too. Crazy early . Earliest since (gasp) 2012

Geez I have been outside since 1000 am and haven't seen one lonely bug. Sucks to be in your area or stuck in a car all day. Cocadoodledewless 

56° F for the high today. The melt continues. :cry:

Meanwhile it's a glorious 22° F in Fort Kent, ME with a WWA for 2-4" of snow and some freezing rain. Wish we were there. 

What's up in the crown of Maine as I've heard it called? Never been up in "The County" so I've always wondered about it. Some utopian Oz-like metropolis? I've been as far up as Baxter State Park area.