Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

8 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I just came back from Atlanta. I think DC is ahead of them lol. 

I can confirm. I road tripped down to Florida thurs/fri, and didn’t see leaf out and widespread green grasses until in central/southern parts of South Carolina. 

Understood this to be —in large part—a result of Jan-March CONUS pattern, with dominant pacific that results in negative T anomalies in the southeast but significant positive anomalies in the northern mid Atlantic and especially Northeast. 

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Once you give up on winter, stop caring about snow after you realize it’s over( in my case end of Jan) it really makes life much more pleasurable. No worries or stress or emotional attachment to tracking snow . You’re just naked and free. Not a care in the weather world until summer heat comes 

Some of us feel that way all the time.  Welcome to the club.  Try and practice that from now on and just accept the weather that you get.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I saw BDL is only -8.8 inches of snowfall from normal this season!?  

One hail mary storm gets them to normal?  Rooting for that.

Well hail would count towards snowfall totals ...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Snow cover advancing northward... now brown starting to spread up the Champlain and CT River valleys on either side of Vermont.

Untitled.jpg.2cb59639ab2835c24214b28d32b4dd25.jpg

Notice even in a soso winter most of Vermont is snow covered, its why I go up there every winter. It was definitely winter a couple weekends ago up there with about an 18+ inch base and zero when I got up at 7.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Once you give up on winter, stop caring about snow after you realize it’s over( in my case end of Jan) it really makes life much more pleasurable. No worries or stress or emotional attachment to tracking snow . You’re just naked and free. Not a care in the weather world until summer heat comes 

Welcome to the rest of the world 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

44 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No. 99% of us here(you included) are emotionally attached to the weather. It’s not worth a discussion 

These seem opposed to one another.  In statement you're saying you're free because you're not emotionally attached and in another you are.  Which is it?  I would prefer certain weather but if it doesn't happen, I'm OK with that.

3 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

These seem opposed to one another.  In statement you're saying you're free because you're not emotionally attached and in another you are.  Which is it?  I would prefer certain weather but if it doesn't happen, I'm OK with that.

What I’m saying is once I realized we were done with snow / winter in late Jan, l stopped looking at models, living and dying with the wx and looking forward to the next snow tracking /opportunity. When you disengage like that when typically you’re in full winter and tracking mode , you stop being emotionally attached and caring like Tip, Ginx , Ray, me etc. I would have liked it to snow and followed along here. I check in here everyday and socially conservative interact and follow along , but I disengaged from the emotional aspects that we all have. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No. 99% of us here(you included) are emotionally attached to the weather. It’s not worth a discussion 

You project a lot. Amazing how many posts you have made saying the same thing over and over.  I guess protecting your fragile emotional state. 

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What I’m saying is once I realized we were done with snow / winter in late Jan, l stopped looking at models, living and dying with the wx and looking forward to the next snow tracking /opportunity. When you disengage like that when typically you’re in full winter and tracking mode , you stop being emotionally attached and caring like Tip, Ginx , Ray, me etc. I would have liked it to snow and followed along here. I check in here everyday and socially conservative interact and follow along , but I disengaged from the emotional aspects that we all have. 

If you didn't follow why did you alert your FB friends to a return of winter and possible accumulating snow this past Friday. Seems fraudulent