• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

It appears that March 11/12th in five days is our next real threat at something decent.  We got a healthy shortwave that appears to be going through a neutral to negative tilt as it swings through.  Models are a little weak with the system, I just find it to be our next threat.  I was really wrong about this superstorm, I seemed to only have gotten 1.5" of snow.

31 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah it blows....way too early. I’ll be back to driving into work in the dark. Make it the first Sunday in April.

I agree but we're trying to save the planet and all...;)

Having said that, I'd rather just be on standard time.  I know most people prefer the savings time.  I like having the light in the morning and don't really need it in the evening.  Even on standard time there's plenty of light well in the evening in the summer when it counts.  It makes it harder only doing it 4-5 months out of the year.  But someone thought we could save a few dollars if we shortened it up...argh.

Amazing how spring is asserting itself down here already. My yard is full of crocuses and snowdrops; my daffodils are already up and budding; I've noticed some forsythia blooming and several maples around Yale with red buds. If we get a warm month, it'll be an early leaf-out for sure. Bring it, say I.

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Amazing how spring is asserting itself down here already. My yard is full of crocuses and snowdrops; my daffodils are already up and budding; I've noticed some forsythia blooming and several maples around Yale with red buds. If we get a warm month, it'll be an early leaf-out for sure. Bring it, say I.

Someone posted that last week about forsythia blooming by this weekend 

7 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I was talking to my coworker last night at a team dinner about permanent dst. I dont think I could deal with the 00z models being so late from a forecast production standpoint. 

Yeah is there a way to get daylight but keep models on Standard Time? :lol: 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Someone posted that last week about forsythia blooming by this weekend 

Not around here.  Not even close.  I wouldn't take a forsythia blooming in an urban center along the coast as a sign that they are ready to bloom here.  I looked at mine the other day and there's no sign of anything.