Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

56° F for the high today. The melt continues. :cry:

Meanwhile it's a glorious 22° F in Fort Kent, ME with a WWA for 2-4" of snow and some freezing rain. Wish we were there. 

What's up in the crown of Maine as I've heard it called? Never been up in "The County" so I've always wondered about it. Some utopian Oz-like metropolis? I've been as far up as Baxter State Park area.

There looking at 1-2" up there tonight, Back door CF out of QUE is stretched west to east thru the Milinocket area north but is starting to sag south thru the remainder of the state.

• Like 1

Just now, alex said:

Just went out to add some wood to the maple boiler, and it's pretty impressive that everything is already freezing back up, considering it was 60 degrees just a couple of hours ago. A 30 degree drop in about 3 hours. 

Yeah it plummeted with sun down.  As soon as the sun went below the horizon it went from 62F to 36F currently and the snowpack is already firming up from underneath.

Low dew points helping with that dramatic drop. 

You can tell the exact minute that the sun faded from the MVL ASOS... 6:10pm it was 54F and 5 minutes later it was 48F.  6 degrees in 5 minutes with the shadow moving in.

Snowpack at the condos here in Stowe Village still holding strong but once the dew points rise it should really start to melt.

March_9.jpg.bd88c3dbb5a3fba109e7e190d219021f.jpg