Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 1-2 storm threat

ORH_wxman

12 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I won’t be surprised if in the next 24 to 36 hours we see a few models show sizesble jumps NW before we get the final solution which is likely a niice advisory event for E SNE. 

I’m not ruling anything out until this time tomorrow. 

I'd assume skip an advisory event and get to 60 degrees.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

It’ll help, but it All depends on the track Jim...you know that. If it Tracks over your head it won’t matter. 

Of course, the statement was using the benchmark track as a guide.  As long as the low stays about 20 mile east-southeast of CHH, I am golden for a mostly snow event, with mixing as it makes the closest approach.

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Tomorrow night’s model runs will be the acid test.  I’m not convinced this doesn’t come in closer if it actually manifests as a sub 990L

The ridging out west is getting better on the models.  00z CMC/GFS combo were much better at H5 then previous runs, the northern stream really dives in, but is still six hours too late for SNE, while Nova Scotia gets blasted.  The 00z CMC deepens rapidly once it reaches the Coast of North Carolina.  I believe the track becomes defined within 25 miles west or east of 35N/75W to 40N/70W to 42N/68W

5 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

The ridging out west is getting better on the models.  00z CMC/GFS combo were much better at H5 then previous runs, the northern stream really dives in, but is still six hours too late for SNE, while Nova Scotia gets blasted.  The 00z CMC deepens rapidly once it reaches the Coast of North Carolina.  I believe the track becomes defined within 25 miles west or east of 35N/75W to 40N/70W to 42N/68W

Fast flow with lots of moving pieces of energy.  This storm can still ride up and in (which wouldn't surprise me)  as well as ots.  Being in Greenfield I would love if you rained!  lol

but good luck with the snow b/c you have seen almost none and I hope you get to revel in a Cape Scrape this year.