Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1-2 storm threat

ORH_wxman

Just now, WinterWolf said:

If the trend is our friend, then yes there is a tad more time.  But once it deviates in the negative direction....she "Gone" pal.    And If 12z doesn't improve at all, pack it in unless you're Jimmy's next door Neighbor to the East of him. 

Premature 

12 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I was just beginning to make plans for Superbowl Sunday.........have to try to remember: one is an aberration, two is a coincidence, three is a trend. Lets wake up tomorrow with the EPS looking this good.

Looks like 18z EPS was an aberration. Pretty good model agreement from overnight runs. Two of the pieces of energy are still over the northern Pacific south of Alaska if I follow them backwards correctly. There may still be hope.........

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

If the trend is our friend, then yes there is a tad more time.  But once it deviates in the negative direction....she "Gone" pal.    And If 12z doesn't improve at all, pack it in unless you're Jimmy's next door Neighbor to the East of him. 

I knew you'd bite...lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I knew you'd bite...lol

I know his drill now...just conversing and commenting on the modeling.  I have my ideas and he has his(changeable)ideas.  

Sure would be nice to see 12z come back some and start heading definitively toward something impactful for most of the forum.  

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

I know his drill now...just conversing and commenting on the modeling.  I have my ideas and he has his(changeable)ideas.  

Sure would be nice to see 12z come back some and start heading definitively toward something impactful for most of the forum.  

Ordinarily, I would have been all in after the 18z EPS, but something told me to await confirmation at 00z....sure enough.

This situation is so volatile...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Ordinarily, I would have been all in after the 18z EPS, but something told me to await confirmation at 00z....sure enough.

This situation is so volatile...

What was my post before 00z last night?  I said I'd wait to see what 00z showed before starting a thread.  I'm not writing this off at all.  Us SEMA'ers are in a better spot for this.

At this juncture I highly doubt we're getting any assistance from the northern stream...which never seemed highly likely anyways. The flow is just too progressive. Sure there have been hints at more northern stream involvement...but they've been just that...hints. There was never any major support or backing from this possibility outside of "if x happens then y will occur".