• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
DotRat_Wx

Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

This is still a February discussion, just wonder what our chances are for events in 2-4" range and if we will see a 6"+ storm for southern areas by April 1st.  

6 minutes ago, 512high said:

This is still a February discussion, just wonder what are chances are for events in 2-4" and if we will see a 6"+ storm for southern areas by April 1st.  

There will be chances. The pattern will probably produce a cutter or two as well. Just the nature of the strong +NAO/-PNA with cold dropping down into Canada. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Gefs has a coastal signal for the 7th. Let's see how long it takes for that storm to fade.

It's odd but the GEPS seemed to have the SE ridge and RNA positioned correct while the GEFS has this more favorable. I say correct as from what I am hearing the EPS does not look too hot. Probably why the GFS still shows fantasy snows while non existent on the EURO and CMC.

In any event great update by Isotherm. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Gefs has a coastal signal for the 7th. Let's see how long it takes for that storm to fade.

Is that the Allsnow srorm?

• Like 1

Flying under the radar in all the angst is the fact that this morning is normally cold.  Feels like winter.  17/8 here.

Just now, weathafella said:

Flying under the radar in all the angst is the fact that this morning is normally cold.  Feels like winter.  17/8 here.

Kind of knew when this weekend went OTS there would be extreme posts like Kevin's. It's an either or world with the youngsters,no in between.  15 here for the low.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Kind of knew when this weekend went OTS there would be extreme posts like Kevin's. It's an either or world with the youngsters,no in between.  15 here for the low.

Kudos to you for never wavering in the weekend “threat”.

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

And 40s tomorrow. Marchuary continues. 

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Kudos to you for never wavering in the weekend “threat”.

Steve is solid at that. He isn't one to whistle a different tune every time a new model run or data comes out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kdxken said:

He has had a good year.

No way, totally blew Jan, thought we would buckle up. Turns out Newfoundland had our seatbelts 

to many look at long range weather models when  right have the time . that why lot people dont watch weather people on tv any more because they change every time not like brad field doesnt do all the time .

This 1/20 pattern change is not bad 

mostly drier and above normal

this coming weeks weather besides today’s useless cold am should be comfortable and unless we snow , F the cold. 

Seems we still haven’t lost the stormy period w wintry chances beginning around the 8/9’th , thou we could prolly lock in more cutters as well, nobody wants 2-4” w precip issues . 

17 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We are fooking done . 

14 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Winter is over...know it, accept it, embrace it. It's time to move on...making up fantasies of about how things can change isn't going to make it a reality. Just think summer thoughts...hot tubs, sun tanning, sexy cumulus growing in the sky, thunder, lightning, hail...ahhhhh that's better 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Rays last snowmap of the season drawn last night... and for flurries . What a kick in the balls after all the promises of a great looking February from many 

Man, reel it in, boys.....middle of winter was always supposed to blow after the quick start. We have had some chanceams the past 5-6 weeks, but it hasn't worked out. Its always been clear that the PAC would remain awful and we would await NAO/AO assit. If that does not come, it will remain very mild. I still think skme help will materialize, but probably not until latter Feb or March, at this rate. In the mean time, enjoy the warm spell and hope that we can luck out and avail of EPO dump with a well timed wave.

I'll update this weekend...but no big changes. This reminds me of 2017-2018 a bit...not necessarily saying epic March, but...

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, reel it in, boys.....middle of winter was always supposed to blow after the quick start. We have had some chanceams the past 5-6 weeks, but it hasn't workesmd out. Its always been clear that the PAC would remain awful and we would await NAO/AO assit. If that does not come, it will remain very mild. I still think skme help will materialize, but probably not until latter Feb or March, at this rate. In the mean time, enjoy the warm spell and hope that we can luck out and avail of EPO dump with a well timed wave.

I'll update this weekend...but no big changes. This reminds me of 2017-2018 a bit...not saying epic March, but...

No one expected or called for an entire loss of Dec 20- Feb 10. The heart of winter with basically one snowfall for the SNE region as a whole. As you know by latter Feb and Morch it’s different and not really the same winter feel even if it snows . It’s spring sun and melting. There is no sugar coating a terrible winter forecast by everyone. Every single one has been atrocious 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, reel it in, boys.....middle of winter was always supposed to blow after the quick start. We have had some chanceams the past 5-6 weeks, but it hasn't worked out. Its always been clear that the PAC would remain awful and we would await NAO/AO assit. If that does not come, it will remain very mild. I still think skme help will materialize, but probably not until latter Feb or March, at this rate. In the mean time, enjoy the warm spell and hope that we can luck out and avail of EPO dump with a well timed wave.

I'll update this weekend...but no big changes. This reminds me of 2017-2018 a bit...not necessarily saying epic March, but...

Would love to see a very cold stormy end of Feb and March with lots of snow. Would make for some very interesting threads 

• Like 1