Most Online
    jason pottar
    Newest Member
    jason pottar
DotRat_Wx

Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sell

He did say that string of mild air next week could completely turn and we end up closer to normal but that's what he has for now.

Unreal that January is over 9 degrees above normal at KBOS.

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

It can still be a Feb to rememba folks. 

But probably not lol...

Hey I hope so, but I think the winter has shown us its hand. And it isn’t a good one. 

17 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

It can still be a Feb to rememba folks. 

Yeah....probably for all the wrong reasons.

sne and i 95 will get a least two blizzards between now and march 3 still going for lots of snow too . disagree with those that winter is over its not . best weather person is brad field  from ct he has pod cast .

• Weenie 6

10 minutes ago, blizzard24 said:

sne and i 95 will get a least two blizzards between now and march 3 still going for lots of snow too . disagree with those that winter is over its not . best weather person is brad field  from ct he has pod cast .

Ya, what does Brad say? I bet he doesn’t say we are getting two blizzards in the next 5 weeks as you are.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Might be time to just say this is not our winter. :lol: 

Long range looks like crap.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s not impossible that we’ve seen our last snowfall over 1” Looks awful into mid Feb. 

The epo looks good on the models but you will also be dealing with a crappy  pacific.

3 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The epo looks good on the models but you will also be dealing with a crappy  pacific.

Joe Cioffi says it is not the Pacific, it is the Arctic being locked away that allows for the opportunistic Pacific to dominate. 

4 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The EPO, is the Pacific. That looks fine and the cold will be there to tap into. The problem may be the negative PNA and southeast ridging.

• Like 2

Just now, Ogmios said:

Joe Cioffi says it is not the Pacific, it is the Arctic being locked away that allows for the opportunistic Pacific to dominate. 

I disagree. The Vortx will be in Canada. Cold is not the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crocuses in January always flash danger.  Once again my weenie soul didn’t abide.   A bona fide ratter under way.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I disagree. The Vortx will be in Canada. Cold is not the issue.

Well I am no expert on that but what I do see is a quick do you see me and now you do not 3-4 day scenario and at the end of the 12Z a weak potential with the 10 mb.  But again I am just a cartographer that gives me some slight map interpretation skills that you may or may not have; and that is your area of expertise I assume. So you will have to take that with him, still it is both fun  and frustrating watching the plan of nature come together.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The EPO, is the Pacific. That looks fine and the cold will be there to tap into. The problem may be the negative PNA and southeast ridging.

Need some Greenland nlocking to push back the SE ridge...and we have non for the foreseeable future 

That black hole over what is known as the NAO region isn’t helping matters. Leaves us totally exposed to the whims of the pacific. 

This January was hot.  These are some pretty crazy monthly departures... 

BTV... +8.0

MVL... +7.2

MPV... +6.7

It’s pretty impressive we’ve been able to at least get some snow and keep it on the ground this month.  Guess it shows how cold January in NNE should be when it’s +7 to 8 and our mean max temp is still below freezing.  

31/14 is +7...guess we can still survive at that departure in mid winter.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Rays last snowmap of the season drawn last night... and for flurries . What a kick in the balls after all the promises of a great looking February from many 

Hoping for an April of 2002. Hoping to get the tanning started early...last summer I was down to an SPF 8...I had a pretty cute glaze of tan going...very nice and symmetrical all over the body.

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Hoping for an April of 2002. Hoping to get the tanning started early...last summer I was down to an SPF 8...I had a pretty cute glaze of tan going...very nice and symmetrical all over the body.

Hope we Morch 2012

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hope we Morch 2012

That’s the year Morch got its name, right?