Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

11 minutes ago, rowjimmy73 said:

And early dismissal called for DPS, good call, even though winds and antecedent conditions not like Michael, this kinda rain with the upstream reports make for a scary looking day. 

If you get too much rain....row jimmy row!

WPC Excessive Rainfall Discussion...

...Southeast...
Widespread heavy rainfall is expected today across much of the Southeast with impressive moisture parameters in place. Both PWs (Precipitable Water) and IVT (Integrated Water Vapor Transport) are around maximum values for early February over the entire Southeast (it is quite impressive to see such a large geographic area with around record values). Thus it seems fair to say that from a moisture and moisture transport perspective you will not see a better setup this time of year than what this event will have to work with.

I know no one wants to believe it, but the 3K Nam, ICON and GFS show a decent snow event, not 5 days+ out, but tomorrow for NE Ga and the Upstate of SC (mostly mountains unless you truly believe the NAM). At worst, this looks interesting and some could get a nice little surprise. Seems the models juiced up the system on overnight runs.

7 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I know no one wants to believe it, but the 3K Nam, ICON and GFS show a decent snow event, not 5 days+ out, but tomorrow for NE Ga and the Upstate of SC (mostly mountains unless you truly believe the NAM). At worst, this looks interesting and some could get a nice little surprise. Seems the models juiced up the system on overnight runs.

Well I am watching. Most snows here, at least, are not modeled or forecasted a week in advance. They pop up a day or two away or come out of the blue. Fingers are crossed lol

56 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Well I am watching. Most snows here, at least, are not modeled or forecasted a week in advance. They pop up a day or two away or come out of the blue. Fingers are crossed lol

Yep..its weird honestly how that is usually the case.

50 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Thermal profiles are all snow for the northern upstate. Boundary layer will make it difficult to stick. But if we get any appreciable precip I expect it to fall as snow tomorrow. 

Models insist most of it is just north of here but I think its mostly snow as far south as here per soundings...assuming it doesnt arrive too late where surface temps are a problem. Hrrr as usual is too warm at the surface if there is as much precip as advertised. . Regardless it's close enough to drive too regardless. High resolution models showing some pretty decent returns on composite imagery some decent rates arent out of the question. Other than the mountains atlanta to Gainesville could be the winner as it arrives early enough for temps to be near freezing.

Could just the nam naming us but the 12z 12 and 3km run showing up to 0.30 liquid now. 

• Like 1