Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

16 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Extended reg has a 1002mb low over the benchmark on Thursday morning and some snow for CNE. 

Where do you see rgem to 84? (Unless you are getting it in house) 

Used to be able to get it on uqam but now it seems it only works to 72 with the exception of the total qpf maps which still go to 84. 

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

The 00z GFS tries to get the shortwave to close off, but it does it 12 hours late and hundreds of miles too far east.  A few more changes at H5 can get that shortwave to dive in the right location.  That SE/western Atlantic Ridge needs to move faster to the west and combine with the Rockies ridge.

Thursday isn't gonna do it in SNE. Maybe some in interior elevated MA. But that system looks like CNE/NNE if it produces anything.

A lot of guidance was sheared but Euro is winning the battle it looks like right now. Most guidance tonight trending toward it. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Thursday isn't gonna do it in SNE. Maybe some in interior elevated MA. But that system looks like CNE/NNE if it produces anything.

A lot of guidance was sheared but Euro is winning the battle it looks like right now. Most guidance tonight trending toward it. 

I just think we shouldn't rule it out still given the trends in the guidance.  the weekend low has trended colder and the primary low is over Cape Cod and not interior NYS.

Pretty nice trend on euro for the weekend. Trying to redevelop the low more to our south. 

It's taking other model guidance to the woodshed for Thursday too it appears. I was a bit skeptical as it's generally compromised a bit when it's on an island but it doesn't appear that way this time. Thursday is toast in SNE but NNE could get a nice little advisory type event to get the ball rolling again. Maybe low end warning in spots. 

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty nice trend on euro for the weekend. Trying to redevelop the low more to our south. 

It's taking other model guidance to the woodshed for Thursday too it appears. I was a bit skeptical as it's generally compromised a bit when it's on an island but it doesn't appear that way this time. Thursday is toast in SNE but NNE could get a nice little advisory type event to get the ball rolling again. Maybe low end warning in spots. 

6Z NAM likes it for some snow

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Coastal Maine crusher.  I like 12th-period forecasts that include a 90% chance of snow.

Saturday Night
Snow. Low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 90%

Ha, That is high probs at this lead for sure, I raised an eyebrow at the Euro clown map.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

This would be nice to get things started.  

Euro gone wild... but it’s done it a bunch this winter in this time frame of day 4. 

2E8FB149-E05A-478A-89B0-0D29ADD9F521.thumb.png.b53351714565112619e61174ca555ba0.png