Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, powderfreak said:

That was a much better run for your neck of the woods.  Spreads the love out for those SE.

It's been pretty good regardless but it might have kept us all snow this run with an IVT hanging back. Def a weenie run. 

Ill be happy though with the classic 6-10 with a little IP/ZR and dryslot. Like the euro shows. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Hmm, That's interesting because its not like GYX to do it that far out.

I haven't been too focused on GYX's forecasts since I moved from there 12 years ago.  But even back then, they were really conservative on forecasts.  I'd be looking enviously at BOX forecasts (and the accompanying SNE-centricity of most posters here) with envy.  And then in the end, we'd get crushed.

At least that's my recollection.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

I haven't been too focused on GYX's forecasts since I moved from there 12 years ago.  But even back then, they were really conservative on forecasts.  I'd be looking enviously at BOX forecasts (and the accompanying SNE-centricity of most posters here) with envy.  And then in the end, we'd get crushed.

At least that's my recollection.

If they honk at this lead then i pay attention.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hazey said:

It would have been pretty bad in the euro had caved on Thursday system. It was locked and loaded with its solution for several days.

Yeah, the EPS and ECMWF has schooled other guidance imo with this system. It wasn't just a gfs issue either, all other guidance was very weak with the features and had destructive wave interference. 

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's been pretty good regardless but it might have kept us all snow this run with an IVT hanging back. Def a weenie run. 

Ill be happy though with the classic 6-10 with a little IP/ZR and dryslot. Like the euro shows. 

Agree, just recover the ground good, just hope models don't drop the ball as we get closer to game time.....

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just saw that. Raul, Boston Seminole, was first to key on that energy. I see there are flakes flying in Emass this morning.  Logan probably recording 40 degrees 

Not far off.  Logan 37 with light snow which I noticed on my walk earlier.  I’m at 33.

• Haha 1