• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo

Possible frontal wave snow

10 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Just like last storm--radar looks good, but nothing really doing outside. 

WB88 I hope that changes and you get some snow,,,,,,looking at the radar I would swear that parts of NYC are  getting snow right now

2 minutes ago, NycStormChaser said:

That dry slot should keep accumulations down for the most part. 

Where would that be NYSC as the radar still looks very good --> are you talking about west of NYC ?

Roads covered, just under an inch. Guess my roads are special. Or maybe both extreme viewpoints here were wrong, as usual. 

• Like 5

Just now, BxEngine said:

Roads covered, just under an inch. Guess my roads are special. Or maybe both extreme viewpoints here were wrong, as usual. 

New City here BX and it looks nice out there , like a postcard

Just now, weatherpruf said:

Light snow here, about 1/3 on cars, major roads nothing. Pretty much a nothingburger out here. 

Same here but it looks nice out.Hopefully something bigger before Xmas

Ok kids, it's snowing! It's 32F with 1.25" of new snow on the ground on colder surfaces here in Metuchen with a little slush in spots on paved surfaces, which is not surprising, so on the whole, this should generally be a nuisance snowfall, with regard to travel impacts. Judging by the radar history, it turned to snow around 3 am, while I was sleeping and snowed at a decent clip until about 5:30 am, a little after I woke up.  It's certainly a pretty snowfall and hopefully we'll get at least one more decent band.  

Snowfall rate has lightened up a bit since then and the 95 corridor does look to be on the NW side of the heavier bands. NWS forecast hasn't really changed much with 1-2" generally expected for most of the area. However, judging by the radar history, it looks like not much snow has fallen more than about 10-20 miles NW of the Route 1 from Philly to NYC.  Could definitely see localized 3" amounts east of about a Hammonton to Hazlet line, where banding looks to be heaviest, although with temps slightly warmer there, wouldn't expect to see much on paved surfaces.