Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

Both are dangerous, both have short term and long term effects. Marijuana is worse health-wise, unless someone is drinking very heavily (BEYOND two drinks/day). Then I'd say it is about equal or eventually, the alcohol is worse if we are talking about toxic levels of drinking

The whole weed fad and recreation is great for stoners, prices came way down due to influxes of b-c grade on the underground market.

I don't care what others do honestly...it is just innocent ribbing. But those who are flippant about either ones risks are pretty silly

Are you kidding?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Both are dangerous, both have short term and long term effects. Marijuana is worse health-wise, unless someone is drinking very heavily (BEYOND two drinks/day). Then I'd say it is about equal or eventually, the alcohol is worse if we are talking about toxic levels of drinking

The whole weed fad and recreation is great for stoners, prices came way down due to influxes of b-c grade on the underground market.

I don't care what others do honestly...it is just innocent ribbing. But those who are flippant about either ones risks are pretty silly

C0139035-7651-4C54-AFFD-125DFD1F1754.thumb.jpeg.964449c21e2122fcfbd5538c7df09534.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m up at 430/5 weekdays but kids too young and too much to do after they get tucked in to call it night early. But if I drank daily, I couldn’t wake up early nor workout lol. I’d probably call out sick often too. Alcohol gives me headaches and I suffer from migraines as it is. Eating well, exercising, meditation, and cbd/thc has greatly helped... but alcohol can be a trigger as I don’t sleep well afterwards which ultimately leads to a sluggish next day. 

I too am a migraine sufferer since 16. We’ve discussed before, but they are dehabilitating. 

7 hours ago, bobbutts said:

Are you kidding?

It's true if you're smoking it. If you're going to use it edibles are the way to go. I know several older people that have serious lung issues because of smoking regularly for many years. All but one have never been cigarrette smokers either. Any kind of smoke going into your lungs is just stupid. Plus it makes you smell absolutely terrible

Need to add my two cents to this public health policy debate, IMO the whole cannabis legalization impetus has been a combination of growing social acceptance - your original, widespread, regular user cohort is now in their early 70's and municipalities/gov't looking for new sources of revenue. With that said, the police are sick of busting otherwise 'upstanding' citizens on petty possession violations; but IMO, the real motivator for states and local gov't is the concession/franchises are a source of much needed revenue. My libertarian view (one I don't subscribe too regularly), is government just wants in on the racket - just like gambling. With that said, what amazes me is the lack of really good science that has been conducted on the effects of marijuana use. Until recently, the federal government tightly restricted the study of the drug. 

Alcohol and marijuana can be beneficial if taken in recommended doeses.  The problem is pursuit of the eternal buzz often results in over consumption.   Since they both are legal substances now, and since we’ve established DUI criteria for alcohol, we need to tighten those areas for weed.  Personally, I choose to limit my drug to caffeine and whatever the doctor prescribes to prolong my life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Alcohol and marijuana can be beneficial if taken in recommended doeses.  The problem is pursuit of the eternal buzz often results in over consumption.   Since they both are legal substances now, and since we’ve established DUI criteria for alcohol, we need to tighten those areas for weed.  Personally, I choose to limit my drug to caffeine and whatever the doctor prescribes to prolong my life.

Agree. In moderation and within limit, both can have positive effects. Like you said, the problem is, most or many do not use them sparingly. And as always, most folks pimp their substance as the best and it doesn’t hurt them it’s better etc etc.

My guess is there will be pretty clear protocol within the next few years regarding driving while high. It really is no different than drinking and driving. If you are using marijuana, you should not be driving, period. Same with alcohol.

Im not personally a marijuana user, but the lack of long term research about all these new forms of intake, and the general lack of long term substantiated research about it period would make me a bit uneasy.

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Little blue pill?

8 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

8 hours ago, bobbutts said:

Are you kidding?

I don't think inhaling any type of smoke is good for you at all.  That is why I never took all the people who so vociferously and aggressively tout the health benefits of marijuana seriously.  With the advent of legalization and the growth of tinctures and edibles, I am more willing to listen to those arguments.    Having said that, I've never been a huge pot fan.  My biggest issue with pot is the culture that surrounds it.  

Just now, weathafella said:

I agree with you Jerry.  So many issues arise from over indulgence.  

• Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I don't think inhaling any type of smoke is good for you at all.  That is why I never took all the people who so vociferously and aggressively tout the health benefits of marijuana seriously.  With the advent of legalization and the growth of tinctures and edibles, I am more willing to listen to those arguments.    Having said that, I've never been a huge pot fan.  My biggest issue with pot is the culture that surrounds it.  

I agree with you Jerry.  So many issues arise from over indulgence.  

What culture surrounds weed. You do realize everyone from Doctors to laymen are consumers. More often than not casual users know their limits and are recreational only. As with anything moderation is the key. 

• Thanks 1

What culture surrounds pot? That’s a stereotypical viewpoint rooted from the 70s stoner/hippy times that is no longer relevant. Sure there are deadbeat stoners as there are drunks but this idea there is a ‘pot culture’ that somehow poisons society is non sensical. Practically half my co workers use thc. Buttoned up, corporate types, with families and some without...young, old...male, female...different ethnic backgrounds. 

People need to get out of the stone age mentality and see what is in front of them today. Folks just want to buy the product legally and use it to relax. It’s that simple.  

5 minutes ago, Albert A Clipper said:

that's why xanax is or was up to recently the number one prescribed drug in America. 

And that’s ok because the drug companies makes billions. 

Common side effects of Xanax include:

Drowsiness.

Tiredness.

Dizziness.

Sleep problems (insomnia)

Memory problems.

Poor balance or coordination.

Slurred speech.

Trouble concentrating.

Who knows what the long term effects are...

...Again, the stigma of thc is the last thing standing in the way. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What culture surrounds pot? That’s a stereotypical viewpoint rooted from the 70s stoner/hippy times that is no longer relevant. Sure there are deadbeat stoners as there are drunks but this idea there is a ‘pot culture’ that somehow poisons society is non sensical. Practically half my co workers use thc. Buttoned up, corporate types, with families and some without...young, old...male, female...different ethnic backgrounds. 

People need to get out of the stone age mentality and see what is in front of them today. Folks just want to buy the product legally and use it to relax. It’s that simple.  

He does live in VT too ,practically the epicenter of weed. The amount of older people I know who use edibles for arthritis and aging pains is significant. Many of them would never inhale smoke. The strides made from Cbd to THC medically have made a huge positive influence on society. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

And that’s ok because the drug companies makes billions. 

...Again, the stigma of thc is the last thing standing in the way. 

It does bother me how states are trying to keep people from growing small amounts so that big business growers corner the market.  I would live to grow 4 or 5 plants,  make some butter without risk

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

He does live in VT too ,practically the epicenter of weed. The amount of older people I know who use edibles for arthritis and aging pains is significant. Many of them would never inhale smoke. The strides made from Cbd to THC medically have made a huge positive influence on society. 

True. My co worker used to be on a shit ton of Oxy’s for her knee pain and just last year has slowly weened off of it and replaced with thc/cbd substitutes. She’s 64. She’s not trying to get ‘high’ but she feels much better then being dependent on opiates. 

1 minute ago, Albert A Clipper said:

yep, and many drive on it or combine it with alcohol....

but those side effects are the similar as pot, no? also paranoia for some? 

Depends on the thc strain honestly. Some of my stuff gives me hightened awareness, not the opposite, while my other stuff...gives me zero trouble sleeping lol. 

Let's be real the big problems from people are people who can't control themselves. Often combining weed with alchohol. Maybe wrong but stoners who only smoke don't go into THC fueled rages, don't steal to support a habit,don't beat up people. Tend to be mellow,laid back and live accordingly.  People who drink and get drunk, tend to be loud, prone to violence and destructive. I mean why exactly is the private consumption of weed so scary to folks. I just dont get it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Albert A Clipper said:

i'm saying from law enforcement standpoint...

2 beers may slightly impair someone and also ruin their life if pulled over....

a couple of bones might slightly impair someone, but what happens  pulled over? field test? breathalyzer? blood test? 

Field test obviously.  Impaired driving is impaired whether alcohol weed or prescription drugs or illegal drugs.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Albert A Clipper said:

obviously? not quite. highly( no pun intended) subjective...

Yeah... they still haven't come out with a proper field test.  

I am not educated enough about CBD, edibles, etc. to even know how to use them or what to use them for.  At this moment, I am not going to even try them out.  Later in life, if I have ongoing pain etc. then I will revisit.  I have no issue at all with how MA is handling the business. I am pretty pissed that people in my town are impeding the development of 2-3 potential businesses that are trying to get started.  Shortsighted on their part.

I tend to only consume 2-3 pints of beer or 2-3 glasses of wine over a weekend. Sometimes less.  I might go a month without any.  Summers tend to be a different story since I am not working for a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

What culture surrounds weed. You do realize everyone from Doctors to laymen are consumers. More often than not casual users know their limits and are recreational only. As with anything moderation is the key. 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yes, the stereotypical stoner culture. I've known so many of those guys through the years.  I do realize its a stereotype and doesn't hold true for everyone. Almost everyone I know uses it to some degree. Of course I grew up in VT in the 70's and 80's, I'm hippied out.  I'm not offended by it or don't think it should be legal.  But I sometimes feel like proponents get a bit self righteous about it.  It can be abused as much as any drug and I know that inhaling any type of smoke is bad for you.

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

Agreed.  Driving while high can't be good though I don't know if studies have been made on comparative impairment of weed and alcohol.  Unfortunately, objective measures of MJ impairment are much harder to obtain than a breathalyzer, but with increasing legalization such research should quickly follow (assuming the Feds will lift the MJ research ban.)

From a personal viewpoint, I've seen what alcohol and tobacco has done to family and wish that recreational use of each (and weed) were not part of the culture.  But of course that ship has sailed.

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

Marijuana is physically dangerous, even if you eliminate the smoking aspect.  it causes/has been known to cause anxiety, panic attacks, heart issues, it can stunt mental development esp. in people under 21, it's also linked to kick-starting what is/were dormant or emerging brain disorders such as schizophrenia. The culture of nonchalant, acceptance and even promotion is silly, period

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

Marijuana is physically dangerous, even if you eliminate the smoking aspect.  it causes/has been known to cause anxiety, panic attacks, heart issues, it can stunt mental development esp. in people under 21, it's also linked to kick-starting what is/were dormant or emerging brain disorders such as schizophrenia. The culture of nonchalant is silly

Roll one up and relax. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

Marijuana is physically dangerous, even if you eliminate the smoking aspect.  it causes/has been known to cause anxiety, panic attacks, heart issues, it can stunt mental development esp. in people under 21, it's also linked to kick-starting what is/were dormant or emerging brain disorders such as schizophrenia. The culture of nonchalant, acceptance and even promotion is silly, period

For a small subset of people.  It’s almost impossible to know who though....

• Like 1