• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's been snowing pretty hard here for a bit now.  

Good upslope flow ripping it out right over us.... everyone's favorite radar picture.  The standing wave of orographic lift.

WUNIDS_map.gif.d8747b247ba3431809ad6fea7700ca67.gif

Snowing pretty good at home but it cut off pretty quickly once we hahah Bolton Flats. Roads are dry up here in Williston. 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It's been snowing pretty hard here for a bit now.  

Good upslope flow ripping it out right over us.... everyone's favorite radar picture.  The standing wave of orographic lift.

WUNIDS_map.gif.d8747b247ba3431809ad6fea7700ca67.gif

Was cool to see on radar. The classic Rt89 to Montpelier Streamer and then Rt 30 Steamer down to Magic. Think they grabbed a couple extra inches today too.

2 hours ago, PowderBeard said:

Was cool to see on radar. The classic Rt89 to Montpelier Streamer and then Rt 30 Steamer down to Magic. Think they grabbed a couple extra inches today too.

Yeah we picked up 2-3” this afternoon/evening.  

Flow was a bit unblocked allowing for great downwind propagation of the upslope snows.  

9F1EF46A-75BE-4C91-8606-CD336E285514.thumb.jpeg.1991673d9e72df73f25ac48d73ec1a99.jpeg

We are actually in winter now and it has been pushing 4 days since we have been below freezing here....the mosquitoes are going to be out and about soon.

57 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

wait, butterfish55 passes away?

I think he meant that butterfish55’s friend passed away

16 hours ago, radarman said:

Anyone going to the 100th anny AMS conference in Boston week after next?

Yeah I'm going for a day, not sure when.

I've been checking out the Ontario Feeder Watch cam from Cornell Labs partly to see cold temperatures and snow on the ground.  The birds are OK, too.  Only thing is today the people that host it are taunting me.... I can hear a snowblower going in the background.  Bastidges!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I'm going for a day, not sure when.

These things are frickin huge and its hard to schedule your day with so much going on at once in so many fields and in so many rooms. All the same I'm hoping it should be a pretty good one.  But program aside, the exhibitor hall is always worth walking around and talking to industry folks.  Great way to make connections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

What's the best restaurant in/around Springfield?  

Depends on what you want, obv.  Lattitude in West Springfield is good.  Punjabi Tadka downtown if you like Indian.  Typical Sicilian is decent (read, not great) Italian.  Personally I'd drive a bit further north and go to Coco in Easthampton.

Thanks guys, I'll check those out. My brother lives in Denver but is in Springfield for work one night next week, so I'm heading up to meet him for dinner. We're not typically the sort of guys who prefer one sort of food over another when browsing for places, so I leave my searches open-ended

13 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

@Juliancolton   These are not all in Springfield but several are in around Springfield and for the most part I agree with his list.

https://www.masslive.com/life-and-culture/erry-2018/12/3f4bf197da7753/fran-bellamy-10-best-dining-ex.html

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

@Juliancolton   That was last year‘s list I posted which is fine but I meant to post this year‘s list:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.masslive.com/entertainment/2019/12/fran-bellamys-10-best-dining-experiences-of-2019.html%3foutputType=amp

• Thanks 1