• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

Brian is only a few miles NE of me.  I probably have 2.5-3.  Very persistent streamer on the Belknap-Merrimack line.  One thin piece is dropping south towards me, about 2 miles away...I should be seeing a bit more shortly.  Curious as to what allowed this to happen - must be a lake connection yes?  very rare for here.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Winding down now...almost 7”...6.9” to be exact.

Brian,  that is great.  That might be a lifetime top 10 event for you?  

1.5" for me

1.9" from a Coop observer friend in Bristol NH about 5 miles south of me and a 6.9" for you another 10-12 miles south of him.  Just a real WOW.

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

Brian,  that is great.  That might be a lifetime top 10 event for you?  

1.5" for me

1.9" from a Coop observer friend in Bristol NH about 5 miles south of me and a 6.9" for you another 10-12 miles south of him.  Just a real WOW.

This is the closest to LES or upslope I’ll ever get. Fun night. I almost hate to torch it all away now.

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Winding down now...almost 7”...6.9” to be exact.

The same bands hit me too.  6.5 inches here in W Norwich.  Mush of it in the intense squall around 6 or 630.  it was some of the worst visibility I have had driving with not wind factor.  I was trailing a tractor trailer on 91 and we were doing 25.  Visibility was maybe 50 yards.  It got where I almost could not tell where the exit was.  I didn't think I would be able to reach the house as I was in the Prius but made it to the bottom of the driveway.  The shovelling went like a snap as the fluff factor was fantastic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Don't you have that durable sleet/snow underneath from last week?   A 2 day torch is not going to get rid of that very easily

Yeah...it's going to be tough to melt it all now. If we got 12-18 hours of near 60F dews it'd probably be close, but it'll probably fail and end up low 40s.

I only managed a few hours of sleep last night so I was hoping for an early one...instead I'll be snowblowing after this 10pm dinner.