Total Members
    Most Online
    christopher58
    Newest Member
    christopher58
Ginx snewx

Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Temp down to 29F and ripping fatties in this stuff. About a half inch down new since I woke up about an hour ago. 

I bet you grab a few inches easily with this. I feel like you’re in the hose zone with erly flow

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I bet you grab a few inches easily with this. I feel like your in the hose zone with erly flow

Damn guys enjoy.

download.png

• Like 1

.75” frozen between 3-~8pm yesterday 

all gone now
40/40 now Portsmouth RI

drove to providence train station 5 pm yesterday looked to be around 1-2” and roads were greasy and untreated in the city.

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Might be tough pill to swallow as those to our southwest pickup 6-10 inches...lol

I’ve swallowed so many of them over the last 8 winters on big events that I’m practically numb to it. 

gonna be some fun bands in Mass today. 

I wonder if that 32 degree line pushes NW toward 495 with the minimal heating of day bringing temps from 30 to 33. Some meso's show that around 16z. 

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ve swallowed so many of them over the last 8 winters on big events that I’m practically numb to it. 

Yup, only 5 up here for me, but it has become a bit easier....call it radar hallucinations, but I think the radar matches up well with the Herpes model run at 6z, which may put at least western sections of the state into play....and by the looks of the radar, you should be snowing pretty well at the moment

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Temp down to 29F and ripping fatties in this stuff. About a half inch down new since I woke up about an hour ago. 

Just rolled into the office in MIlford.  CF was sitting over Maplegate CC.  Went from 39F at the Rt 140 exit on 495 to 32F when I got off at Rt 109.  Snow steadily at the moment.  Night and day from home.

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

gonna be some fun bands in Mass today. 

I wonder if that 32 degree line pushes NW toward 495 with the minimal heating of day bringing temps from 30 to 33. Some meso's show that around 16z. 

Nah it ain’t warming. 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

IMG_20191202_083832.jpg

Not sure whats up with that hole in S Quabbin.  I posted a pic showing over 7.  That looks more like a low end, post sleet compacted measurement.

Nam definitely is cooler now for today. NIce bands throughout the day ....a bit hit and miss in nature but some heavy thru 10pm.

Looks like inside 128 corridor could also make out nicely during day

14.5 settled in my back yard according to my trusty Marty's True Value Hardware yardstick about 6am when I shoveled.  Snowing light to moderate now, maybe another inch or so.  Squirrels are pillaging the hemlock cones outside my office window before they move over to the bird feeders. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice enhancement on radar. You can see the cf band starting to take from from WNJ threw NYC and along 84. Hope it rots right there.

whats falling out that way. Sleet/ Snow?

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice enhancement on radar. You can see the deform band starting to take from from WNJ threw NYC and along 84. Hope it rots right there.

the new nam actually shows this now.....maybe, just maybe luck will be on our side today:snowing:

30 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Just rolled into the office in MIlford.  CF was sitting over Maplegate CC.  Went from 39F at the Rt 140 exit on 495 to 32F when I got off at Rt 109.  Snow steadily at the moment.  Night and day from home.

You are back in my old stomping grounds...grew up in Medway, always got on 495 at the 109 exit :)